johnxfire

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Hey everybody, I've been trying to get my Palit HD 4850 Sonic Edition with 1GB VRAM to use DXVA on Media Player Classic - Home Cinema. I've tried everything - performing clean uninstalls on drivers [clearing them off the registry and removing left over files using Driver Sweeper] and reinstalling them to no avail. I've used the DXVA Checker and it keeps showing me nothing. I've configured MPC-HC properly and check the filters only to see that DXVA is not being utilized. I've already installed AVIVO codecs. This is getting a bit frustrating, considering that my PC can't decode 1080p videos smoothly since its CPU is a budget AMD 64 x2 5000+ [Brisbane, so it can't unlock to quad >.<]

Pics of what exactly the DXVA Checker shows are below - it isn't a comforting site. =\

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

If anyone can help me out, I'd really, really appreciate it.

-John

johnxfire

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Thanks for that, mousemonkey. Based off that tut, since I'm still stuck on XP, does this mean I can expect no DXVA on .mkv files and only accelerated videos on Blu-Ray discs? >.<

johnxfire

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Well, my dad's really not up to spending for a new OS. =\ Oh, the woes of not having your own cash flow. Anyways, thanks for the help mousemonkey!

Question answered. =)