Sign in with
Your question

Intel SSD is not attached or disabled / cannot install SSD toolbox

Last response: in Storage
October 2, 2012 9:39:50 AM

I have just bought an Intel SSD 520 Series, 180GB and connected it with my computer. I successfully installed Windows 8 RTM on it. I then downloaded the ISO for the firmware update tool, burned it to a CD and tried to boot form it. However, I am getting an error:

"Intel SSD is not attached or disabled. If you know an Intel SSD is installed and correctly connected to your system, please contact Intel".

Now, obviously the drive is connected and working as I installed Windows 8 and it's working well.

Also, when I am trying to install the SSD toolbox, I am getting a "Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported".

Why cannot I install neither the SSD toolbox / update firmware? I have also tried setting BIOS SATA settings to AHCI, RAID and IDE, but to no avail, and updating BIOS to the latest version.

Main System components:

- Asrock X58 Extreme
- Intel Core i7 920
- 12GB DDR3 RAM

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
a b å Intel
a c 124 G Storage
October 2, 2012 3:20:46 PM

I think the toolbox is not compatible with Windows 8 right now. Wait for the intel update it.
a b å Intel
a c 317 G Storage
October 2, 2012 3:23:13 PM

cin19 said:
I think the toolbox is not compatible with Windows 8 right now. Wait for the intel update it.
+1
October 5, 2012 8:43:58 AM

Yeah it seems so - Windows 8 driver & software compatibility seems a bit lacking at the moment. Our company is enrolled in Microsoft BizSpark, and this gives us immediate access to such software but I've since then rolled back to Windows 7 as didn't really find it useful in a business-environment, especially the Metro UI.

The SSD worked brilliantly with Windows 7, so it's definitely a compatibility issue. Thanks! :) 
!