Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Chaos UT

Tags:
  • Games
  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 26, 2004 6:50:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

How can i play this mod? There are dedicated servers or what?
I searched for "chaos" or similar but no one i've found.
I have UT GOTY 436 with this mod installed but i never played it.
I would like to try but how?
TIA

More about : chaos

Anonymous
June 27, 2004 7:47:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

"Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
news:v2gDc.382355$hc5.16510178@news3.tin.it:

> How can i play this mod? There are dedicated servers or what?
> I searched for "chaos" or similar but no one i've found.
> I have UT GOTY 436 with this mod installed but i never played it.
> I would like to try but how?
> TIA

I can tell you how to play a single player practice session if the
mutator is installed correctly. Fire up UT and when you get to
the desktop where you have Game, Multiplayer, Options, etc. at the
top of the screen click Game -> Start Practice Session. When the
Start Practice Session dialog box comes up make sure you are on the
Match tab in that box and click Mutators. The mutators not used
will be on the left side and the mutators used will appear on the
right side. Look in the left hand side for ChaosUT V1.1 Mutator
and double click it, and it should jump over to the right side,
if not then drag it over to the right side, select a map, press
start, and Bob's your uncle! :-) Also there should be some other
Chaos mutators in the list just look them over and add them as
desired. :-) Also if you look in the Mod menu at the top of the
screen where Game, Multiplayer, etc. is located, you can click Mod
and select ChaosUT Config to configure the mod to your preferences!.

Have fun! :-)

--
J

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 12:18:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

"JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:cd386f058ceb92493e7285a1ea2c8a6c@news.teranews.com...
> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
> news:v2gDc.382355$hc5.16510178@news3.tin.it:
>
> > How can i play this mod? There are dedicated servers or what?
> > I searched for "chaos" or similar but no one i've found.
> > I have UT GOTY 436 with this mod installed but i never played it.
> > I would like to try but how?
> > TIA
>
> I can tell you how to play a single player practice session if the
> mutator is installed correctly. Fire up UT and when you get to
> the desktop where you have Game, Multiplayer, Options, etc. at the
> top of the screen click Game -> Start Practice Session. When the
> Start Practice Session dialog box comes up make sure you are on the
> Match tab in that box and click Mutators. The mutators not used
> will be on the left side and the mutators used will appear on the
> right side. Look in the left hand side for ChaosUT V1.1 Mutator
> and double click it, and it should jump over to the right side,
> if not then drag it over to the right side, select a map, press
> start, and Bob's your uncle! :-) Also there should be some other
> Chaos mutators in the list just look them over and add them as
> desired. :-) Also if you look in the Mod menu at the top of the
> screen where Game, Multiplayer, etc. is located, you can click Mod
> and select ChaosUT Config to configure the mod to your preferences!.
>
> Have fun! :-)

Thanks like always! I hope to find some server to play online now!
Related resources
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 8:23:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

"Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
news:LYFDc.539667$rM4.22564888@news4.tin.it:

> Thanks like always! I hope to find some server to play online now!


I believe if you find a server that uses the ChaosUT mod, all you
have to do is have the mod installed yourself, connect to the
server and voila!, you're playing ChaosUT on a server!. :-) As
far as finding a server that uses the Chaos mod, a good place to
start looking would be the ChaosUT website. There may also be
some ChaosUT maps that you would need to download but those would
be a lot smaller than the mod itself would be to download. You
could get the maps from servers that use the mod. Try looking
here, I found a site the has a listing of some ChaosUT servers.
You can also download the maps required for server play next to
the IP address for the server before you connect to it, that way
you would be ready to go beforehand!. The IP addresses you will
see here can be opened from the game like so: make sure you are
already connected to the internet and fire up the game, click
Multiplayer -> Open Location, then type in the IP addresses that
you got from the site and click OK , at least I think it's OK.
Might be Connect or something.

http://www.planetunreal.com/chaotic/index_server.html

Here's a site with two more IP addys:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~maddiscer/servers.htm

Here is an IP address I found at the ChaosUT website:

Chaos v1.1 UT1999
66.153.113.18:7750

And here is the website I found it at:

http://www.chaoticdreams.org/

I would like to say that ChaosUT servers are rare and very
few do exist so the chances of those servers even being
active may be just as rare. Also, the servers that are
active will probably be full and may have waiting lists
a mile long!. Good luck in any event! :-) Post back
here if you should find a good source of ChaosUT servers!.


--
J

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 7:35:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament (More info?)

"JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:80ef8c0992df8ad02028aa62a5708e24@news.teranews.com...
> "Pr0m37h3u5" <aglieglie@brazorf.it> Blessed us with
> news:LYFDc.539667$rM4.22564888@news4.tin.it:
>
> > Thanks like always! I hope to find some server to play online now!
>
>
> I believe if you find a server that uses the ChaosUT mod, all you
> have to do is have the mod installed yourself, connect to the
> server and voila!, you're playing ChaosUT on a server!. :-) As
> far as finding a server that uses the Chaos mod, a good place to
> start looking would be the ChaosUT website. There may also be
> some ChaosUT maps that you would need to download but those would
> be a lot smaller than the mod itself would be to download. You
> could get the maps from servers that use the mod. Try looking
> here, I found a site the has a listing of some ChaosUT servers.
> You can also download the maps required for server play next to
> the IP address for the server before you connect to it, that way
> you would be ready to go beforehand!. The IP addresses you will
> see here can be opened from the game like so: make sure you are
> already connected to the internet and fire up the game, click
> Multiplayer -> Open Location, then type in the IP addresses that
> you got from the site and click OK , at least I think it's OK.
> Might be Connect or something.
>
> http://www.planetunreal.com/chaotic/index_server.html
>
> Here's a site with two more IP addys:
>
> http://www.home.earthlink.net/~maddiscer/servers.htm
>
> Here is an IP address I found at the ChaosUT website:
>
> Chaos v1.1 UT1999
> 66.153.113.18:7750
>
> And here is the website I found it at:
>
> http://www.chaoticdreams.org/
>
> I would like to say that ChaosUT servers are rare and very
> few do exist so the chances of those servers even being
> active may be just as rare. Also, the servers that are
> active will probably be full and may have waiting lists
> a mile long!. Good luck in any event! :-) Post back
> here if you should find a good source of ChaosUT servers!.
>
>
> --
> J
>
No one works! I think is very hard to find ONE server active...
!