Photoshop and JPEG

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 23, 2004 12:24:22 PM

When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
the images to jpeg. Is this normal or is there a way to solve this?

regards,

More about : photoshop jpeg

Anonymous
December 23, 2004 1:24:17 PM

"Dr. Rufus" <phalmans@icqmail.nl> wrote in message
> When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
> the images to jpeg. Is this normal or is there a way to solve this?

Yup.

Image/Mode/8bits per channel.

Basically, your RAW images come into PS at 16 bts per channel (although they
may have less real data than this) and jpg is 8bit per channel.

I convert to 8bits and then sharpen before saving the jpg for printing.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:48:15 PM

> Dr. Rufus wrote:

>When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
>the images to jpeg.

Make sure you flatten the image.

Rosita
December 23, 2004 3:48:16 PM

"HRosita" <hrosita@aol.comnet> wrote in message
>> Dr. Rufus wrote:
>
>>When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
>>the images to jpeg.
>
> Make sure you flatten the image.
>
> Rosita

Don't you have to convert the image to 8-bit first? My D100 IS 8-bit, so it
isn't a problem, but my D70 is 16-bit.

Tom
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 5:17:25 PM

> "HRosita" <hrosita@aol.comnet> wrote in message
>>> Dr. Rufus wrote:
>>
>>>When I use Photoshop CS, and use the camera raw plugin, I cannot save
>>>the images to jpeg.
>>
>> Make sure you flatten the image.
>>
>> Rosita
>>

> Don't you have to convert the image to 8-bit first? My D100 IS 8-bit, so
> it isn't a problem, but my D70 is 16-bit.
>
> Tom

My D100 is 16 bit. How can yours be 8 bit?

KB
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 5:17:26 PM

"Ken Burns" <kenburns@twave.net> wrote in message

>> "HRosita" <hrosita@aol.comnet> wrote in message

>>> Make sure you flatten the image.
>>>
>>> Rosita
>>>

>> Don't you have to convert the image to 8-bit first? My D100 IS 8-bit, so
>> it isn't a problem, but my D70 is 16-bit.
>>
>> Tom
>
> My D100 is 16 bit. How can yours be 8 bit?
>
> KB

When the RAW plug-in brings them in, they come in 8-bit. Don't know why.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 6:20:13 PM

The RAW converter in PSCS is configurable between the two.

!