No Picture via HDMI with ATI HD5450 on Samsung HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovef

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I have a HP Pavilion (a4310f) PC that I am configuring as a HTPC to use with a 50 inch Samsung plasma TV (PN50A510). I have a Sapphire 1GB ATI HD5450 installed in the PC. When I connect the PC to the TV via a DVI-to-HDMI cable the picture comes though just fine. When I connect the PC to the TV via a HDMI-to-HDMI cable I get no picture but just a notification that says “Check signal cable” in the middle of the screen and “HDMI2/DVI - No Time Information - 1920x1080@60Hz” at the top of the screen.

I tried connecting the PC to my ViewSonic monitor (VX2260wm) using the same HDMI-to-HDMI cable and it worked just fine (both video and audio). I am looking for some guidance on getting things working using the HDMI-to-HDMI cable with the Samsung TV.

Thanks,

lovef

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
The TV has 2 HMDI ports. There is nothing in the TV menus that allow you to tell the TV that the input to the HDMI ports is originating from DVI or HMDI.

lovef

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Any other suggestions folks? I have upgraded to the 10.11 version of the Catalyst software and there has been no improvement to the situation. By the ways the PC has 64bit Windows 7, 430W Antec Earthwatts PSU, and 4GB memory.

lovef

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I just looked at the product description for the Sapphire HD 5450 and found the following:

-----
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?leg=&psn=0001&pid=316

HDMI

Turn your PC into a home entertainment centre with HDMI. Simply connect the graphics card to an LCD TV with an HDMI input and you will be able to enjoy watching HD videos with audio in the living room.
-----

Is it possible that this card won’t work with my PC because it’s a plasma and not an LCD?

moesil

Distinguished
May 7, 2011

The same problem has just occured with my HDTV Samsung. Did you ever find out a reason for it. My TV comes on for about 2 seconds and then all I get is sound I get the same message in the top left hand corner (No Time Information).

Please let me know what the solution was. I appreciate it.

Morry

lovef

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
I never got the issue resolved. I even downgraded to a Radeon HD 4350 but that did not fix it. I have just accepted the fact that I will just have to use DVI and and the audio out.

Status
Not open for further replies.