SD port & SD 256 card

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
November 15, 2004 11:44:59 AM

Hi,

My HP nx5000 has got a built in SD card reader. But when I put a card, then
nothing happens. There is no sign of the card in the system. Any idea???

Thanks,
Pit

More about : port 256 card

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 16, 2004 3:40:11 PM

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:44:59 +0100, "Piotr" <piotrpl@info.com.pl>
wrote :

>Hi,
>
>My HP nx5000 has got a built in SD card reader. But when I put a card, then
>nothing happens. There is no sign of the card in the system. Any idea???
>
>Thanks,
>Pit

The device should appear as a disk drive when you put the SD card into
the reader - check in windows explorer.
If it doesn't, then check in Device Manager under Disk drives.
There should be an SD Mem driver disk device there.
Click on properties to see if it is working OK.

However, if the device doesn't appear in Device Manager when you
insert the SD card, either the reader or the card is faulty.
In the Device Manager View setting click "show hidden devices" - then
the reader should appear even if the card is faulty. Properties will
say it is disconnected. Then put the card in and see if the situation
changes when you refresh. If it doesn't, you can try the
troubleshooter or else just delete it and reboot, then it should
automatically be reinstalled properly.
--
Regards,
Peter Wilkins