Sign in with
Your question

Case Fans

Last response: in Components
September 24, 2010 4:27:54 AM

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Rosewill Blackbone case fans. Should I replace these fans with better ones? Should I add more fans? If I should pick new fans recommendations?

It comes with two fans 120mm RNA Cube I think they are called.

I have room for 2 more 120 mm dans

More about : case fans

September 24, 2010 4:43:35 AM

Get two Enermax Magmas for those extra 120mm slots. I don't have experience with Rosewill fans, but I doubt they are better/quieter than the best fans on the market today. If you have the money, then go for better ones. You can't go wrong with Noctua, Sycthe or the superb Noiseblockers.
a c 248 ) Power supply
September 24, 2010 4:49:42 AM

Before purchasing replacement or additional fans see what happens with stock cooling. There are several free utilities which can measure cpu and gpu temperatures. If cooling is satisfactory there is no need to anything. If cooling is not satisfactory, then you can think about replacing the stock fans and adding more fans.

Just about everyone has their own personal favorite fans. I've had excellent results with Scythe S-flex 1600rpm fans:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

I'm sure others will recommend other brands.
Related resources
September 24, 2010 4:57:07 AM

Cooling is not the only reason to replace stock fans, most stock fans that come with cases have terribe noise/vibration, even high-end cases sometimes ship with horrible fans.
a c 164 ) Power supply
September 24, 2010 5:10:07 AM

reissue said:
Wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Rosewill Blackbone case fans. Should I replace these fans with better ones? Should I add more fans? If I should pick new fans recommendations?

It comes with two fans 120mm RNA Cube I think they are called.

I have room for 2 more 120 mm dans

I have the case sitting in my garage collecting dust. the fans are not rosewill (rosewill does not make products, they just re-brand them).

those fans hardly move any air, they run around 600rpm. I would suggest some antec tri-cool 120mm
September 24, 2010 5:18:49 AM

Antec tri-cools... Move alot of air at max rotation but they are noisy as hell, LOL.
a c 164 ) Power supply
September 24, 2010 5:23:21 AM

MARSOC_Operator said:
Antec tri-cools... Move alot of air at max rotation but they are noisy as hell, LOL.

mine run silent. my CPU and GPU idle at 29-31c. at load neither breaks 50c.

4 antec tri-cool fans set to low. CM 212+ on my CPU, MSI cyclone on my video card
September 24, 2010 5:26:46 AM

They are indeed silent on low.
September 24, 2010 6:45:29 AM

Thanks for the help! So I guess I will definitely want to start out slow and get at least one good fan. The question now is, get 1 good fan and then keep the stock fans and see how that goes, or should i just bite the bullet and replace both stock fans and get a third good fan as well? I want to make sure I'm doing things right. No use spending all this money only to cheat on the fans. Also, should i try to set the case up for positive internal pressure?
September 24, 2010 7:05:27 AM

If you can afford, replace them all together There's no need to wait and see, you will have better perfomance and less noise if you upgrade all of them, there is no doubt as I did the same last week and lowered around 5C average with almost no noise at all. And yes, positive pressure is better...

Here's an excellent 120mm fan round up -->> http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=892
a c 164 ) Power supply
September 24, 2010 10:20:33 PM

MARSOC_Operator said:
...you will have better perfomance and less noise if you upgrade all of them...

actually the fans in rosewill case do run silent...at roughly 600rpm :lol: 

upgrade the rear fan at least if you don't want to do both
!