Sign in with
Your question

Problem backing up laptop hardrive.

Last response: in Storage
October 2, 2012 7:58:18 PM

Hey everyone,

Recently my Asus Laptop has stopped booting to windows. Every time i turn it on i get a message saying that there is a hardware failure in the laptop with the dvdrom or hard drive. I called asus and they recommend sending it in because they suspect a hard drive failure. Anyways, i have all my family pictures on it. I bought a SATA 2.5 enclosure and i attempted to get all the pictures off. The hard drive and the enclosure is recognized and successfully installed by the PC i connect it to, but after going to my pictures directory and copying the pictures onto my computer i started to get problems. I keep getting an error from each single picture when i try to copy it over. I also noticed that some of the pictures look corrput, like half of it is missing. Is there any software that can fix this? Please help!
a b D Laptop
a c 89 G Storage
October 2, 2012 8:33:46 PM

If it is hard drive hardware failure. no software is going to fix it. Go to a pro if the data is important but expect to pay a lot $$$. And every time you use(turn it on) it, it wear it down even more.

If you have a desktop, connect the laptop HD and try it that way.

m
l
October 2, 2012 8:49:00 PM

rgd1101 said:
If it is hard drive hardware failure. no software is going to fix it. Go to a pro if the data is important but expect to pay a lot $$$. And every time you use(turn it on) it, it wear it down even more.

If you have a desktop, connect the laptop HD and try it that way.

I know that software won't fix the hard drive. But i was hoping that a program could help me extract my pictures from it. When i connect my laptop HD to my desktop it successfully installs, but i get error messages from every other file. Some files are pictures are apparently corrupted.
m
l
!