Sign in with
Your question

Plz help! performance drop!!! multiplier stuck low

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2010 11:26:52 AM

Hi all, I heard this is a great community to ask questions to...
I've been having performance issues, and after days and hours :fou:  of attempts to fix the lag, it appears my t9300 core 2 duo 2.5ghz was running at 600mhz. I turned off eist (intel sidestep) and got the multiplier from a measly 3x to 5x (giving me about a 1ghz processor) :pfff: 

It should be at 12.5x !!!

Dell doesn't allow bios overclocking, or multiplier adjustment, and all the dozen or so windows programs I DL dont do the trick. (rightmark cpu clock got the multiplier to 9x, a huge improvement, though not to full potential, and after one restart it stopped showing p-states to edit, thus stopped helping)

can anyone help me? plzzz :D 

thanks so much!

my cpu on cpu-z

my mobo on cpu-z
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2010 12:19:34 PM

the images above are in 'high performance,' & no overclocking programs running...
September 24, 2010 12:41:13 PM

So if you load your CPU cores at 100% is still stays at 5x (1Ghz) ??
Related resources
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2010 1:43:01 PM

dell inspiron 1720. dell's a nightmare.
yes, when cores max out its 5x. when i got it, it was wonderfully snappy. i wouldnt assume its hardware because the software OC gave me 9x multiplier (though i had p-state set to 12)... but i dunno. hoping u all do.. :D 
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
September 26, 2010 6:10:14 AM

i tried all the 'windows power plans,' didn't help!!

can anyone direct me towards finding a solution pleaseeee?
September 26, 2010 6:38:31 AM

Load BIOS default and see how things go with a linux live CD for example... If core speed is OK then you can be sure its software related... Remove as previous poster said all related utilities that tamper with speed multipliers etc.
!