Sony Vaio PCG-V505BX USB & PCMCIA Dead

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
November 15, 2004 4:00:24 PM

My friend gave me a Sony Vaio Model PCG-V505BX to see if I could make the
USB and PCMCIA slot work.

As with all laptops... there is limited access in the bios.

It seems like the USB and the pmcia slot has been turned off.

any thoughts?

solutions?

BTW... i do not have any restore disks.

even though they probably would not solve the problem either.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 15, 2004 4:00:25 PM

The Mailman wrote:
> My friend gave me a Sony Vaio Model PCG-V505BX to see if I could
> make the USB and PCMCIA slot work.
>
> As with all laptops... there is limited access in the bios.
>
> It seems like the USB and the pmcia slot has been turned off.
>
> any thoughts?
>
> solutions?
>
> BTW... i do not have any restore disks.
>
> even though they probably would not solve the problem either.

What shows up in Device Manager? You might Update Driver for each.
Check that the devices haven't been simply disabled. Check with Intel
for chipset drivers also. Download the chipset ID utility to determine
the appropriate chipset.