Icon Pictures Missing

No more icon pictures! Seriously!
I have a few program icons now, that are located in my taskbar, and on my
desktop that have lost the pictures associated with the icon. All the folder
icons and icons in the hardrive are appearing as the Microsoft "unkown file"
picture. The "icon" is there, as I have something that is linked and
clickable, but the graphic is missing. Is there something specific that
causes this? Is there a virus? A way to fix it?

If you have any information please help me out! I would greatly appriciate it.
1 answer Last reply
More about icon pictures missing

    Hi Ken,

    Try the Folder/LNK associations fixes from here:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > No more icon pictures! Seriously!
    > I have a few program icons now, that are located in my taskbar, and on my
    > desktop that have lost the pictures associated with the icon. All the
    > folder
    > icons and icons in the hardrive are appearing as the Microsoft "unkown
    > file"
    > picture. The "icon" is there, as I have something that is linked and
    > clickable, but the graphic is missing. Is there something specific that
    > causes this? Is there a virus? A way to fix it?
    >
    > If you have any information please help me out! I would greatly appriciate
    > it.

Configuration Microsoft Icons Windows XP