Icon Pictures Missing

April 14, 2005 10:25:02 PM

No more icon pictures! Seriously!
I have a few program icons now, that are located in my taskbar, and on my
desktop that have lost the pictures associated with the icon. All the folder
icons and icons in the hardrive are appearing as the Microsoft "unkown file"
picture. The "icon" is there, as I have something that is linked and
clickable, but the graphic is missing. Is there something specific that
causes this? Is there a virus? A way to fix it?

If you have any information please help me out! I would greatly appriciate it.

More about : icon pictures missing

Anonymous
April 15, 2005 11:01:33 AM

Hi Ken,

Try the Folder/LNK associations fixes from here:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

!