Increase FPS

Hello Everyone!!!!
I have a desktop with nvidia 9400GT on my Intel E7300 2.66Ghz Core2Duo Processor with 2GB RAM with Windows 7 Ultimate on it. When i play my games like Street Fighter IV i have to turn every setting to its lowest for a better FPS. What can i do to increase my FPS without lowering the appearance properties of windows?
I am using an application called GAME BOOSTER which frees up the ram by few MBs
8 answers Last reply
More about increase
  1. Hey :)
    Have you tried lowering the resolution too ?
  2. Yes, lower the resolution too..

And Don't use that Game booster thing..They do nothing :)

For better performance you should consider a Gfx card upgrade...
  3. 9400gt is not a gaming hard any means. A new card will be a definite upgrade.
  4. drop 150 get a gtx 465. end of story
  5. Upgrade your card with 9600GT/9800GT, you will see a big improvement with games...
    What is your PSU? Do you plan on buying a new card? If not then do as Maziar and Shubham said above, lowering your resolution... :)
  6. jcpwn3r said:
    drop 150 get a gtx 465. end of story

^
    Yeah, get GTX465 and it would(may) be ended his PC as well...
    We don't know the detail about the OP PSU, if the OP only has 250W-300W then you suggest him GTX465, his PSU wouldn't provide enough power for the entire system...
  7. Yeah, the 9400GT is not a gaming card. For under $100 you should be able to buy a 9600GT, 9800GT, GT 240, HD 5570 and HD 5670.

The 9600GT is a bit dated, but you should be able to play games with it if you don't push graphics quality very high in newer games.
  8. Thanks to you all for helping me out, i will try the suggestions after my semester exams end
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia FPS Graphics