Sign in with
Your question

Early Z68 variants - Gigabyte D2H vs. UD4

Last response: in Motherboards
May 8, 2011 2:52:26 PM

I've never been an early adopter before but would like to give it a try. Problem is, I can't find anything but very basic one-line specs for the Z68 variants released today.

Does anyone who knows Gigabyte's line have an idea of what the various differences are generally between their UD4 and D2H models?

More about : early z68 variants gigabyte d2h ud4

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2011 3:14:15 PM

Z68 is only to be announces supposedly on Wednesday next week. Since P67 has been in the market for a while now, Z68 should be the same just few features. After all, the board design will be almost identical (Gigabyte, ASUS maybe even MSI). As I see it, P67 was there to test the ground until Intel finished developing the Z68.

If I were you I wouldn't rush. Not that you should wait for X79 or whatever it will be called. But next month the likes of ASUS ROG boards, like ASUS Maximus Gene for the price of half decent P67 board should come out. And when it does you'll get all the features + extra for decent price. No doubt some ob the MB will be overpriced and there will be shotages.

As for Gigabyte model specs., wait until Wed if you are dying to get your hands on Z68 config ASAP. Not that you will get it anywhere before then..

Hope that sort of helps. Good luck!

equazcion said:
I've never been an early adopter before but would like to give it a try. Problem is, I can't find anything but very basic one-line specs for the Z68 variants released today.

Does anyone who knows Gigabyte's line have an idea of what the various differences are generally between their UD4 and D2H models?

m
l
May 8, 2011 8:20:29 PM

I've already ordered all other components, but MB. I almost went for P67, but then decided to wait for a Z68 MB. I've tried to find info on the coming Z68 MBs on daily basis, but nothing seems to leak out. I even visited Fry's last night to check if they had put one in shelf accidentally, but no such luck. Most likely I'll get the Asus version P8Z68 (or something like that). Unless they jack up the price, it should be around $150-160, and that should have all the connections I need.

If you find good info, please post here.
m
l
!