Intel data migration good?

Yozer34

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Just got my intel ssd. Is the Intel migration software really good? I want to copy my OS and some other applications to my new ssd from my hdd.

Solution
I used that software when I added an Intel SSD and it worked for me. I have not had any problems and did not have to reinstall any of the software. I used it on a laptop and desktop computer. I attached the new drive as an external drive and ran the migration software. When I did this I made sure the disk I was migrating from did not contain more software/files, size wise, than the SSD would hold. Keep in mind that you should have at least 10% of the SSD space free for optimal performance.
I used that software when I added an Intel SSD and it worked for me. I have not had any problems and did not have to reinstall any of the software. I used it on a laptop and desktop computer. I attached the new drive as an external drive and ran the migration software. When I did this I made sure the disk I was migrating from did not contain more software/files, size wise, than the SSD would hold. Keep in mind that you should have at least 10% of the SSD space free for optimal performance.

Solution

Eric L

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012
It sucks unless you are using the default Automatic option and don't change any settings. I've done 4 HD to SSD migrations (two with Intel's software), and I found Aomei is better. The intel program is slower and has problems when using the Wizard. It also hangs at times