mpere

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Hi everyone. I want to invest in a full tower computer case. I done some research and settle on Cooler master HAF 942 or 932. However, my research show that HAF 922, ever though it's a mid tower is just as good. Can anyone who owns any of either cases tell me if worth investing or should I try thermaltake or some other brand.

AMW1011

Distinguished
The full tower brethren of the HAF 922 outperform it a bit.

I also STRONGLY advice that you look into the Silverstone RV02. With the newer AP181 fans, which you may or may not get depending on new or old stock, outperforms the HAF X, especially with multiple GPUs. Its big brother, the FT02, has the same cooling design for everything besides the HDDs, it cools them a bit better, and is reviewed here with AP181 fans:

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2010/08/12/silverstone-ft02r-w-review/2

As you can see it basically outperforms every other case, and I know as a fact that it would pull ahead much more with more GPUs (they use only 1 pretty cool running GPU, the 5850). I've seen people on forums note as much as a TEN CELSIUS decrease in load temperatures with dual GTX 480s going from a HAF X to a FT/RV02.

Also, note that the RV/FT02 is actually pretty damn big. They are slightly short but extremely long. They ARE full towers, but they don't really match the standard.

Also the cable management is really good too. Here is my FT02, which I will be tweaking the cable mangement soon once I get better supplies. Also note that my PSU is non-modular:

I was not a believer of these cases until a great discussion on them over at OCN. I ended up being so curious that I bought one and I was absolutely stunned by how much I liked it. Silverstone's build and material quality has always surpassed other companies like Cooler Master for years now. This will be my third Silverstone case, I also own a TJ07 and TJ09, and this case is easily amoung them in quality and in a lot of ways surpasses them. Also the Furmark load temps on my GPUs went down from 88c/79c to 64c/61c. That is absolutely crazy.

broncobuff

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
FWIW, might I suggest the nVidia-branded Cooler Master 690, the thing is gorgeous.

Maybe not a full, but bigger than any Mid I know ... it's 21" x 19" x 9".

Very similar but not identical to the CM 690 ... the nVidia 690 costs $15-20 more, but the darn thing is gorgeous.

690nvidia.jpg

TRENDING THREADS