downloaded maps and files go Where?

Hi All,

When playing online and you get a new map, is it possible to play
that map later offline. Is this the cache cleaning I've heard about
and how does one do it?

Thanks in advance,
play as Flycouch.

"boogers" <couchcatNOSPAM@interlog.com> Blessed us with

> Hi All,
>
> When playing online and you get a new map, is it possible to play
> that map later offline. Is this the cache cleaning I've heard about
> and how does one do it?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> play as Flycouch.

Hi boogers,
Yes when you are playing online and get a new map it goes in the
UT\Cache folder with a weird GUID name. There is also an ini file
in the Cache folder that has the real names of the files, all you
have to do is find the name of the file you want in the ini file,
note its long GUID name(about 24 numbers I believe), copy that
file from the Cache folder to the proper UT folder i.e. .unr
goes in UT\Maps etc. and rename the file to its original *regular*
name. This is how it works in UT, but if you are talking about
UT2004, I would think it to be very similar. There is also a
Cache cleaning program that you can use to clean out your Cache
folder called "Cache Cleaner". Syanide has written a program
that works with UT, UT2003, and UT2004. Click on this message
ID and it should put you right on his post but I will also include
the URL just in case.

http://www.old-clan.co.uk/

on the main page click 'multi cache cleaner' on the quick links
section..

HTH

"Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

Mr.K

For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
or UT2004.
http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

"boogers" <couchcatNOSPAM@interlog.com> schrieb:

>Hi All,
>
>When playing online and you get a new map, is it possible to play
>that map later offline. Is this the cache cleaning I've heard about
>and how does one do it?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>play as Flycouch.

just use a proggi called cache cleaner for unreal tournament. that
will help.

hth