Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Maxxum 7D brochure - detailed

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 2:09:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

For whomever may be interested, a detailed description of the 7D is available
(24 page pdf, 3 MB) at:

http://www2.konicaminolta.de/foto/7d/dynax7d_guidebook....

Yes, it is a marketing doc, of course, but it also has a pretty complete system
and accessories guide.

Cheers,
Alan
--
-- r.p.e.35mm user resource: http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
-- r.p.d.slr-systems: http://www.aliasimages.com/rpdslrsysur.htm
-- [SI] gallery & rulz: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
-- e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 2:09:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.

Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone, is
going for about $1,500 - $1,600 :o (

- manzoor
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 3:48:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Manzoorul Hassan <manzoorul.hassan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone,
> is going for about $1,500 - $1,600 :o (

Yes, and for some reason I'm not very excited about the camera itself.
Antishake seems somewhat useful, but I've been doing photography for
many years, and have always managed to find enough light, and most of
my subjects move anyway, so antishake won't help.

The camera is awfully large and doesn't take standard AA batteries
(except with vertical grip, which makes it even larger).

Worst of all, it's partial frame, making my 24-50/4 a 36-75/4 lens.
I could spend twice as much and get a full-frame Kodak DCS.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 4:35:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I am doing just that. At this time looking at the following:

* Nikon D70
* Canon Digital Rebel (EOS 300)
* Minolta Maxxum 7D

The Digital Rebel seems to be best bang-for-buck. Any other that I
shoul dbe looking at?

- manzoor
December 23, 2004 9:12:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Manzoorul Hassan" <manzoorul.hassan@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1103823823.502878.252560@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.
>
> Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone, is
> going for about $1,500 - $1,600 :o (
>

In Europe it's even worse: in October I got a quote of 1661 euro.
Prices seem to have dropped already, though this may just be Christmas
offers. I ordered it this week for 1300 euro.

Steven
December 23, 2004 9:55:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Manzoorul Hassan wrote:
> I am doing just that. At this time looking at the following:
>
> * Nikon D70
> * Canon Digital Rebel (EOS 300)
> * Minolta Maxxum 7D
>
> The Digital Rebel seems to be best bang-for-buck. Any other that I
> shoul dbe looking at?
>
> - manzoor


At $630, body after rebate, DRebel is the best deal. If you're new to
DSLR, you can't beat it. Get it, learn with it and then upgrade later.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 9:49:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"steven" <stevenPANTSvh@pandora.be> wrote in message
news:ZTDyd.8403$9G2.483355@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
>
> "Manzoorul Hassan" <manzoorul.hassan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1103823823.502878.252560@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> > Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone, is
> > going for about $1,500 - $1,600 :o (
> >
>
> In Europe it's even worse: in October I got a quote of 1661 euro.
> Prices seem to have dropped already, though this may just be Christmas
> offers. I ordered it this week for 1300 euro.
>
> Steven
>
Have you compared this camera to other offerings from other makers? Not the
price but the performance, I mean.

Doug
December 24, 2004 9:49:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Ryadia" <ryadia@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:330p1sF3tb8kcU1@individual.net...
>
> "steven" <stevenPANTSvh@pandora.be> wrote in message
> news:ZTDyd.8403$9G2.483355@phobos.telenet-ops.be...
> >
> > "Manzoorul Hassan" <manzoorul.hassan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1103823823.502878.252560@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> > > Thanx for the link. It's going to be a great help to me.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, I just realized that this camera, for the body alone,
is
> > > going for about $1,500 - $1,600 :o (
> > >
> >
> > In Europe it's even worse: in October I got a quote of 1661 euro.
> > Prices seem to have dropped already, though this may just be Christmas
> > offers. I ordered it this week for 1300 euro.
> >
> > Steven
> >
> Have you compared this camera to other offerings from other makers? Not
the
> price but the performance, I mean.
>

Well, I knew K-M would let us pay through the nose for this anti-shake
feature, but I find it difficult to place an exact value on that.
Most important for me is that I already have lots of Minolta glass for my
si800's.
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 10:50:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Yes, the Digital Rebel does seem to be the best deal. Unfortunately, I
will also need to buy some lense and flash. With the Minolta I was
hoping to not need to do so.

- manzoor
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 2:16:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

leo <someone@somewhere.net> wrote:
> Manzoorul Hassan wrote:
>> I am doing just that. At this time looking at the following:
>>
>> * Nikon D70
>> * Canon Digital Rebel (300D)
>> * Minolta Maxxum 7D
>>
>> The Digital Rebel seems to be best bang-for-buck. Any other that I
>> should be looking at?
>>
> At $630, body after rebate, DRebel is the best deal. If you're new to
> DSLR, you can't beat it. Get it, learn with it and then upgrade later.

Especially if you apply the Russian firmware hack, then you get MLU
and other features of the 10D.

However to me the Pentax *ist-Ds is more attractive because it takes
standard AA batteries, and you can choose one of several lenses
that are better than the Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6 EFS kit lens. I mean
the Pentax 16-45/4 DA, the Pentax 24-90/3.5-4.5 (also works with film)
or the Sigma 18-125/3.5-5.6 DC (betting that the partial-frame DSLR fad
will end before your Sigma breaks, as they often do).

I don't really need a DSLR yet, because I found a lab that can make
3000x2000 scans of film for $7 a roll, and I have several good film
cameras, but so far the Pentax is the only DSLR I can imagine buying.
And I have three excellent Minolta lenses, and one good one.
!