Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Hey guys , well this is the problem and it is really frustrating

I was using my pc everything was working fine except my video card, the fan stop working but I dont think that could cause the problem. Well before I go on I must say that my vid card ,4890, was making this weird noise but it only happen when I had the fan %50 or below but with time the weird noise wont stop unless i had it to %100 and then the fan stop working ,so I restart and when I got to windows I had no internet and my mouse and keybord stop working , so I shot down my pc with the power button and then I turn it on again and walaaaaa nothing , the fans are working , everything appears to be running fine except my keyboard and mouse , the lights wont turn on .
I have switch the ram modules , change the video card to another pcie slot and I dont think the psu is the problem .

My guess is the mobo or the video card , any ideas ?? sorry for my bad english .

the computer wont even get to safe mode or anything :S

Solution
it's not dead because your pc turns on. Something is damaged physically. If you have a PCI video card try that out and see if it boots without a video card in the pci-express slot.

Why would you have tried to use the computer if you know you have a broken GPU fan.

My first guess is you burned your GPU which probably shortened out your Video card.

Depending which part of the Video card was shortened out it could damaged both the MOBO and/or the PSU too.

I would start with the Video card. Maybe you could borrow one from someone. Then I would switch the PSU. And last but not least the MOBO.

Good luck

You're video card is shot. There's a reason why there's a big ass fan on there.

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
well , I've tried with another vid card , ati 2400, but still , I just get this message on the blank screen 133-B16905-X04 RV610 GDDR2_Mx32 64bi_ (the last cursor is blinking)

and I dont know if the mobo is dead, but the power button of the mobo is on so I reaaly hope is the vid card instead of the mobo or something else

Ya not good. Not good at all. Something is fried for sure.

Basically the BIOS has no idea on how to initialize your video card. Maybe start by unplugging the computer completely and turning off the power supply switch on the back. Wait 30 minutes for psu to reset. clear the cmos. plug it back in and turn it on. see what happens.

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Ok I'll try what you said and lets see what happens

it's not dead because your pc turns on. Something is damaged physically. If you have a PCI video card try that out and see if it boots without a video card in the pci-express slot.

Solution

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
mmmmm... well I'll try to get one

can the hard drive may be causing this problem.???

Ive searched in google the message , and apparently is some sort of driver of the video card I put in (ati 2400)