Solved

Should i upgrade PSU? If so which one? XPS400

Well i am not happy with graphics card performance on the new ati hd4650 card i got and it seems maybe a new psu may
help does any one know of a good reccomendation for a dell XPS 400 ?

I was told almost any atx ?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about should upgrade xps400
  1. Best answer
    its not your PSU, its the crap card and ancient Pentium D processor. The DELL XPS comes with the 375w PSU which is the best peace of hardware you currently have. It powers the ATI 4850.

I would suggest stepping up to an Nvidia 9600GT, GT240 DDR5 or ATI 5670 ver 2.0. Anything else and it just would not be worth it with a Pentium D. 2GB of system RAM would be nice if not already installed. 3GB or more if you upgraded to Vista or Win 7.
  2. Returned the card , i think it just wasn't gonna work with that old processor
    purchased a nvidea 210 to give it a slight boost.
  3. Best answer selected by dinodon.
  4. dinodon said:
    Returned the card , i think it just wasn't gonna work with that old processor
    purchased a nvidea 210 to give it a slight boost.

GT210 is not a boost http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,2761-7.html
  5. rolli59 said:

Is it better than a 6800GT?
    the 210 has 512 mb the 6800 has 256mb

I got the evga 210 from fry's for $10 after rebates.
  6. In the link! It is about 4 or 5 tiers below the 6800GT as g210 it is a basic card and a successor of 6200 cards from the 6xxx generation. The memory size is not a measurement of performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Performance Graphics Cards Dell Studio Xps Components