ender503

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
So this is my first time building a computer, and I seem to have run into a bit of trouble. The hardware installation went seemingly fine, and I have an AMD X2 1055T 6 core cpu, the EVGA GTX 460 video card, and this mobo: MSI 870A-G54 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard.

The problem arose when I finally turned the computer on. All that came up on the screen was "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot median selected boot device and press a key." I tried inserting the CD that came with the mobo, which says install device and drivers, and it said installing from boot device. However, it didn't do anything else from there. I shut down the computer and started it again, and was able to get on to MSI's Winky linux based OS. I shut it down again, and now the screen only detects the computer sporadically. I can't do anything, including getting into the OS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fharper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Do you have an OS on the computer? Have you put the OS disk into your CD/DVD drive and made sure it was selected as the primary boot device in your BIOS? Also, if you already have an OS is the hard drive you have it on selected as the primary boot device?