Sign in with
Your question

Antec 900 - reversible side window, 120mm fan outside case

Last response: in Components
September 25, 2010 5:07:38 AM

Don't know how many people have tried this before, but I could find literally nothing on a Google search.

Didn't have enough space inside my case with the VGA cooler to mount a 120mm side fan... then I got to thinking. Why not reverse the window? A 180° flip up and down, a 180° flip side to side, and the 120mm fan goes into the holder insert on the outside of the case.

Wha-la. The picture does little justice to how great it looks.
September 25, 2010 11:13:57 AM

Great idea!
September 25, 2010 12:29:30 PM

Nice work. I remember i had to do this same thing on my last build with a shuttle case.
Related resources
September 26, 2010 4:31:57 AM

I would definitely recommend putting a grill on the outside of the fan.

My first case many years ago, I cut out holes and mounted a few fans but didn't have grills on them at the time, and some point later on I accidentally stuck my finger into the fan and actually broke one of the fins. Needless to say, I ordered grills along with the replacement fan...
a b ) Power supply
September 26, 2010 4:44:37 AM

kaosnkorruption said:
I would definitely recommend putting a grill on the outside of the fan.

My first case many years ago, I cut out holes and mounted a few fans but didn't have grills on them at the time, and some point later on I accidentally stuck my finger into the fan and actually broke one of the fins. Needless to say, I ordered grills along with the replacement fan...

At least it was a fin not a fin-ger that broke. :lol: 
!