Sign in with
Your question

GTX260 only detects one of the two displays that are plugged into it

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 16, 2010 2:10:20 AM

I’m having a problem where my EVGA GTX260 only detects one of the two displays that are plugged into it. This only started happening after I upgraded to the Latest Nvidia Drivers 197.45 like 3 days ago. Before I had been using some older drivers. This is on Windows 7 x64

This is what happened:
I have a LCD monitor plugged into right DVI port, and LCD TV plugged into left DVI port via (DVI to HDMI)

During boot bios is displayed on the LCD TV (left port)
Then windows loads on LCD Monitor (right port), and picture disappears from the LCD TV

Then when I am in windows, Nvidia control panel cannot detect any display on the other DVI port (that the TV is plugged into 2)

I tried switch the dvi ports plugged the TV into the right, and the LCD into the left, and then the exact opposite happens with:
Bios during boot appears on LCD, then windows loads on TV, and then normal Windows output is displayed on TV fine, and then windows cannot detect the any display on the other DVI port (that the LCD is plugged into 2)

Is the card somehow set to not display on multiple monitor or to only detect things on a single monitor?

What can I do to troubleshoot this?
I can roll back my drivers, but I kinda want to use the new drivers, since I had been using some pretty old drivers.
Related resources
!