Need help Video Cards for triple monitors

mckennwa

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Guys,

Our business just upgraded to new computers. I have a triple monitor setup consisting of 2 Dell 2007FPs flanking a Dell 3007WFP-HC. I want to run all three on DVI, stricktly for business use, no gaming needed.

My previous computer had an AGP card and a PCI card both working well. Our new computers have 1 PCI-e x16, 1 PCI-e x1, and several PCI slots.

I recently ordered this new PCI-e x16 card to use instead of the old AGP card: http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16814150433 This card will drive two of the monitors. To get the third going, I attempted to use my old PCI card, which is an ATI Radeon 7000.

The problem is, I can't get both of them to work together in Windows XP. I believe one only works with the old Catalyst Drivers and the other requires the newer versions.

Another option I can think of is, the mobo has a PCI-e x1 slot, so I could find an old card for this, but they are hard to find and rather expensive.

Alternatively, what about buying two new NVIDIA video cards, one PCI and one PCIe?

I'd appreciate any help!

poorya_user

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
Ok ,I dont know if it helps or not!!! there is a hardware which called Matrox Triple Head 2 Go or TH2Go and you can have 3 monitor with single VGA card. Tomshardware forum have separated parts for this kind of discussions.

mckennwa

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I purchased two cheaper GeForce cards, an 8 series PCI and a 9 series PCI-e. I installed them both with the drivers and it works great. All three monitors are running on DVI.