Buffalo HD-PCTU3 NEW NOT WORKING

hi ,

i purchased buffalo HD-PCTU3 two month back and now it is not detected by my laptop following are the symptoms

1. blue light glows and drive spins when i connect to USB but computer doesnt show anything
2. sometimes onli drive spins and no light and computer doesnt show any drive
3. i tried in other computers as well , same thing happened.
4. i had installed the driver in the drive before already

thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about buffalo pctu3 working
  1. Please don't post the same question multiple times.

Have you tried another USB cable?
  2. parbat said:
    hi ,

i purchased buffalo HD-PCTU3 two month back and now it is not detected by my laptop following are the symptoms

1. blue light glows and drive spins when i connect to USB but computer doesnt show anything
    2. sometimes onli drive spins and no light and computer doesnt show any drive
    3. i tried in other computers as well , same thing happened.
    4. i had installed the driver in the drive before already

thanks!

Did you have any luck? Mine just started doing the same thing.
  3. guys i tried changing the cable as well didnt work , same issue.. and my cable just runs fine with another buffalo HD... i think im pretty sure its not the cable issue now!! the harddrive has some problem....and *** i got it from china...and i dont have any buffalo support in Nepal...my money is long gonee now!!FUCKKK!
  4. The problem may be the enclosure and not the drive itself.

You could disassemble the drive and remove the actual HDD. Then you could re-install the HDD into a cheap external enclosure to see if you can access the drive. You should be able to find something suitable in Nepal.

When you remove the drive, determine if it is a 2.5in or 3.5in drive. Also, verify whether it is SATA or IDE. Then get an enclosure to match.
Ask a new question

Read More

Buffalo HD Storage