Can you start pcs with other hdds?

fritolay77

Honorable
Oct 2, 2012
So i got 2 old hdds i found and wanted to see if any old school games were on them.. but everytime i start the computer one hdd just seems blank after the boot and the other says ntdlr missing..

These hdds had OS on them before, can istart them on this computer?

Solution

if they have os on thm there going to have drivers from the old mb. most times if you can get it to boot you can go into safe mode f8 and uninstall all the device drivers and reboot and you may be able to get into windows. most people do the easy way with old hard drives they buy a ide/sata to usb cable. then mount the drive in windows as another drive letter. then go in and pull there photos and or doc off the older drives. on old ide drives make sure the jumper set to...

if they have os on thm there going to have drivers from the old mb. most times if you can get it to boot you can go into safe mode f8 and uninstall all the device drivers and reboot and you may be able to get into windows. most people do the easy way with old hard drives they buy a ide/sata to usb cable. then mount the drive in windows as another drive letter. then go in and pull there photos and or doc off the older drives. on old ide drives make sure the jumper set to master. when the drive is by itself.

Solution