Sign in with
Your question

New PC Almost Done!!!

Last response: in Systems
July 24, 2010 7:18:54 AM

Hey guys almost done with my new pc about to order the parts n stuff now just wanna get some last comments on the hardware i chose.Also i do realise the new cpu's are coming out in a years time but at the moment im running a dual core e8400 and am feeling some slowness in some games but mainly just thing i use other then gaming and i really just want a pc now and would like to know from a few opinions how long do u think (in years) i will get out of this machine mainly for gaming im hoping for at least 2-3 thnx again.Also will be air cooling and OC a bit.

PSU - Enermax Revolution+ 850w < Already own it from current pc
Mobo - Rampage 3 Extreme
Ram - Corsair Dominator 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Cpu - Corei7 930
Case - Haf X 942
Gpu - HD Radeon 5870

A few comments asap would be great as im ordering on monday thnx.

More about : question

July 24, 2010 8:41:39 AM

I looks like it will be a great gaming PC for a few years to come, however if you are only going to be OC'ing a bit I do not understand your choice of motherboard, you could save quite a bit going with a cheaper (not cheap) motherboard.
The same holds true for the ram, take a look at what else is out there, you should be able to save some bucks and have no discernable difference in performance.
July 24, 2010 9:26:11 AM

Yeh thnx alot for the info but the only reason im goin top end stuff is to last and if i do OC alot in the future it will be fine and i read up the rampage 3 is a decently cooled mobo with air cooling systems.
Related resources
July 24, 2010 12:17:22 PM

the rampage 3 is overpriced a gigabyte x58a ud3r can do the job.

the corsairs are also overpriced and there timings sucks a pair of g.skill pi's 1600 cl7 @1.5v are better.

the haf 922 can do the job of the 942 anytime.

July 24, 2010 2:14:09 PM

Good info so far im gonna stick with the haf x 942 just cause i like it better and yeh i want a bigger case but if u guys could link me a few mobo's to look at that would OC and keep COOL!!! with an airflow system just as well as the rampage 3 can for less money would be muchly appreciated thnx alot.
July 24, 2010 6:20:46 PM

as i said earlier the gigabyte x58a ud3r is a great board and can oc very well.

note: my friend has one and he has his 930 at 4.2ghz stable
!