Comcast - websites having loading issues

stevemik

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2010
Hello,

I have a rather strange issue that I have not been able to figure out on my own, so I'm hoping someone here might have the knowhow to help me identify the problem.

I have Comcast internet (which the techs all tell me is sending a great signal) and at it seems to randomly have an issue where it will just not load a page when I either click a link or type in an address.

Sometimes it will load normally, other times it will give me a Page Not Found style error.

Other times it will just crawl when loading media intensive sites (despite speedtest.net giving me fantastic speed results) and most of the images on the page will display as broken images. If I click to reload the page, 9/10, this fixes the problem.

Here is the weird twist. I've tried Firefox, IE8, and Chrome... all of them have this issue.

But Opera does not. Pages seem to load fine with Opera, and I have not yet gotten a Page Not Found error while using the browser.

Unfortunately, Opera is not ideal for me, nor is it compatible with a few services I need to make use of on a daily basis, so it's not a real solution to my problem.

Any ideas out there?

FureyChad

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
Steve,

I thought I would let you know that I have precisely the same issue with Comcast. When I called them about the issue, nobody had any clue what was going on. I am on a 50Mbit network, so page speed is never an issue, but about 10% of sites fail to load on the first try, and about 30% of those fail a second time. I don't have a solution, but you're not crazy.

C M Furey