Closed

Computer wont boot normally, PSU?

When I turn my computer on, the power button light flashes on, then goes off, then back on again, it never used to do this. If I leave it off overnight, i have to turn it on about 3 or 4 times before I can get it to boot into safe mode, because the power keeps going off on it almost instantly after turning it on..

Once this happens, I can go into safe mode (what I am doing now) Or try and let it boot. Previously it would boot after 2 or 3 attempts, but now it will not. I have tried removing the GPU, no effect. I have checked that everything is plugged in properly.

How can I be certain what is causing the problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about computer wont boot normally
  1. It's more than likely the PSU, as you have suspected. The easiest way to be certain would be to plug in a known good PSU and see if the problem persists.
  2. How can I tell what PSU I need... Mine seems to have different parts to it, for the harddrive it has two small cables, for the motherboard one big connector, and a small 4 plug connector directly beside it in the same...slot

Also: How can I load up the graphics cards drivers in safe mode? I did it for the audio, and now I can hear, but I want to try it for Video as well.
  3. Shameless bump. I'll see about getting a PSU to borrow tomorrow.
  4. Shameless closure due to bump.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computer Boot Power Components