Computer keeps turning off. please help!!

G

My computer has some really weird startup problem. I have windows 7 which is compatible. I have had this computer for about 1 & 1/2 years now and it hasn't had any problems in the past. However recently as it goes onto the windows 7 loading screen it turns itself off after a few seconds of the loading screen. This delay in loading then slowly increases on the amount of time of which it is on for. eventually after about 10-30 tries of switching it back in it does come on and goes through the normal fast windows itself. But then after about 30 minutes to 1 hour of doing what i want to do on the computer without notice it switches it self of again.
My specs are:

ECS GeForce6100PM-M2,
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4000+,
Kingston Hyperx 2GB DDR2 800Mhz,
450w Power Suply,
320GB Seagate Hard Drive,
DVD-RW Drive,

If you have any suggestions please reply i have no idea whats going on.

G

I have a cosair 450w and i have tested it on my other computer and it works fine. I have also tried another PSU i have which is a lower voltage but still the same problem.

I havn't noticed any problems with my CPU tempreture. I have been monotoring it and on idle keeps a tempreture of 32 and when i'm doing something eg. "mozzila, messenger, photoshop and itunes" goes to about 44 and has never reached over 47. There're no signs which show the tempreture is the cause of the turn offs.

Do you have any other suggestions of common viruses or hardware problems that could be of any cause to this?

For some reason I thought that was the video card.

I would also blame ECS just because I don't like ECS. They're like e-machines makes me cringe and baby jesus cry.

G

True ECS was a little risk i took for some price cuts. I was actually quite lucky to get the PSU i found it online for only £35 compared to an average make for the same price.

But would you ecspect the moterboard of which used for only 1 and a half years to just cut out like that with no past problems?

I think at this point we need more details and for you to troubleshoot some more.

I would probably start off by going into safe mode and seeing if you get the same problems. Before windows loads hit f8 and choose safemode with networking. Make note of any errors, messages, problems, and so on.

True ECS was a little risk i took for some price cuts. I was actually quite lucky to get the PSU i found it online for only £35 compared to an average make for the same price.

But would you ecspect the moterboard of which used for only 1 and a half years to just cut out like that with no past problems?

G

HHmmm its acting very strange it's almost as if it needs to warm up or something :/

I went into safe mode but the same thing happens. There isn't a static place on which it freezes or turms off at it's all a bit random.

I looked into the computer log and it has logged every time it has turned off since the day it started which was just under two months ago. it logs it under the name of "kernal power" under critical meaning that there is rather a freeze or bug of which it then turns off due to that. Or that it just loses power.

Ok strait up power supply take it out of your case immediatly you'll have to RMA or purchase a new one.

You do not want to use a computer with a bad power supply.

it's not software because when you go into safemode nothing loads. not even drivers. It's hardware and probably your power supply.

Now don't be surprised if you replace the power supply that you experience a similar issue. Test the hard drive ok?

good luck!

HHmmm its acting very strange it's almost as if it needs to warm up or something :/

I went into safe mode but the same thing happens. There isn't a static place on which it freezes or turms off at it's all a bit random.

I looked into the computer log and it has logged every time it has turned off since the day it started which was just under two months ago. it logs it under the name of "kernal power" under critical meaning that there is rather a freeze or bug of which it then turns off due to that. Or that it just loses power.

jesman1985

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
its the psu.. they got alot of good deals on newegg.. i wouldnt even turn the system on again til you get a new power supply.. why risk your other components?

TRENDING THREADS