Sign in with
Your question

AMD hardware RAID & Windows 7 x64

Last response: in Storage
October 5, 2012 3:46:04 PM

Hey guys,
I have an Asus M5a97-evo motherboard and an AMD FX-6100 Processor. All has been running well and good until I attempted to raid 2 seagate 1tb drives in raid 0 by setting the sata mode from ACHI to RAID. I have now raided and verified the drive configuration however when I tried booting Windows (from my SSD boot disc NOT the raid config) it crashed! (this happens every time)
I tried booting from the Windows 7 ultimate x64 DVD, but when I click 'install' I get a window telling me to select drivers to install. I have put the drivers from Asus' website on a USB and tried to load them, but I still get a message saying "No device Drivers found - Make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers" I can click browse and navigate to where I know the drivers are, but the installation sees an empty folder and shows the same message. Please help, this is a fundamental problem that hours of my time have been wasted on :( 
Thanks.
October 7, 2012 5:53:53 AM

Don't worry, Windows 7 software raid works fine for my needs, but not being able to hardware raid is a pretty big overlooking on AMD's behalf...
That said I can't prove it's AMD's fault :( 
!