omi_umar

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
Hello,
i have quantity of hard drives of same model. but they are all not showing in the motherboard bios setup. ll drived spin and mount perfectly but in motherboard bios setup they show nothing, blank in the sata 0. and all other sara ports show none. but on this hard disk port it show blank. that mean some thing is connecting with this port. but system are unable to identify. please help if some one can\

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hello,

What Motherboard make and model # are you using, and the make and model # of the HDDs?

Since all the HDD give the same BIOS presentation, it's not the HDDs.

Try reloading the BIOS, using Load Optimized or its equivalent and see if they are recognized properly.

Also check that you have the SATA controller or IDE controller enabled in the BIOS, depending on what the drives are.

omi_umar

Honorable
Oct 5, 2012
i am using Intel965GCPE motherboard to check the drives. All other drives are detected and working properly, But WD5000AAKS, AADS and some other models that i have not working, there is no any motherboard or motherboard bios setting problem. the problem is only with hard disk, may be with hdd firmware. is there any utility of wd??

John_VanKirk

Distinguished

Here is the URL for the WD DOS or Windows HDD WD Lifeguard Tools (Complete diagnostic testing for WD drives, Adv Format tools, Lifeguard Diagnostics for Windows, or DOS)

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=606&sid=3

The "blank model number" is indicative of a Power Up In Standby issue (PUIS), but you say that the drives spin up. Do they spin up before BIOS sees them, or do they only spin up after your OS loads?

What do you mean by "mount perfectly"? "Mount" is a file system term, and is not related to BIOS detection issues.

TRENDING THREADS