Error codes for gigabyte ga-p67a-ud7-b3 motherboard

roy lever

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I am trying to find help for a c21 error on my gigabyte motherboard. The computer will not complete a boot. It continues to cycle on/off and I am getting a c21 code on the board. The board memory slots are fully populated with 4x2gb patriot g2 cards ddr3.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

R. Lever

roy lever

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thank you for your reply. I have tried one stick in slot one. I have tried one stick in slot 1 & 3 (as per manual guidelines) and I have now tried new Patriot (G2 1600M 2GB) in all four slots. Same result with each attempt (system cycles on/off) AND WILL NOT BOOT error C21.

roy lever

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thank you for your reply. The first NEW set are Patriot Viper Xtreme (2 x 4 x2 GB) slots 1 & 3, & call for and set at 1.65V. The second NEW set are Patriot G2 Div.2 (2 x 2 x 2) slots 1,2,3,4, & call for 1.65V. Which is what the board is set at. Attempt a boot & error C-21 is stiill persistant. Will not boot.

The PSU in the problem system is a NEW Ultra X4 750W. I do have a Kingwin LZG-850W on stanby for another build.

I am an intermediate in the knowledge department & I appreciate your help on this site.

Regards,

Roy Lever

Try breadboarding on a wooden table or on some cardboard. Just the mobo with the CPU first and power them. Put the case close to the mobo so you can use the case power button linked to the front panel connector or start by jumping the power pins on the front panel connector with a screwdriver for a second. Then add a stick of RAM. Link above. Do you use an aftermarket HSF?

roy lever

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thank you for your reply. I will pass on your suggestion to the techs that completed the build. I do not use an HSF. I am contemplating having a build for a home server. At present I have 4 systems at home and two in my vacation home & with extended family & personal hobbies etc. it may be advantageous.
At the moment this motherboard problem is somewhat frustrating. I have received one idiotic response from Gigabyte tech support & no support from from the distributor/provider where I purchased the board.

Funny how easy it is to buy but how difficult it is to get support.

Regards,

Roy Lever

roy lever

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thank you all for your replies.

Today I received another response from Gigabyte. They wanted a test of one memory card in each individual slot. We have tried twice every configuration possible, Herein is my reply.

"Thank you for your reply. Today each memory card was bench tested and are a OK.
Next we tested the problem mother board exactly as per your instructions, no boot and we receive a C-1 error. Next we installed a new Cooler Master 1200 Gold PSU and repeated the testing as per your instructions. The result was no boot & a C-1 error. Next we tested the memory cards in an existing Gigabyte system using an i5 cpu and everthing worked fine.

Both sets of memory cards (Patriot Xtreme and Patriot G2) call for 1.65V as the board was set. You have a list of all system components in my orignal email. There are no other cards.

I await your reply.

Thank You"

I am awaiting a response to my request for a RMA from the retailer. They now tell me that they are awaiting confirmation and authorization from the distributor. What a way to do business!

Regards,

Roy Lever

roy lever

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Thank you for your reply. I have not asked Gigabyte for this information directly, but I will now. According to the techs that completed the build (these are certified technicians) error code C-1 could be memory and possibly power supply. I believe I erred in quoting C-21. I guess my eyesight is not what it once was. I apologize if I have misled any of the participants helping to resolve this problem.

As per my previous reply, all of the tests completed today that I personally observed show an error code of C-1.

Folowing up on your suggestion I'll be on to Gigabyte straight away.

In the meantime I think I'll just watch some Three Stooges episodes and hopefully not spend any more money on this problem.

Thanks again for your input.

Regards,

Roy Lever

roy lever

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Update:

I had my fill of three stooges episodes and went out and purchased a new Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD7-B3 mobo from a local retailer. Cost more than the 1st one but I have a no bs 15 day return guarantee. Had it installed and everything is working great. Am getting the following ratings on Perf. Info. & Tools: Processor i7-2600K @3.40 Ghx = 7.6, Ram Patriot Viper Xtreme 1600 Mhz = 7.6; Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6950 = 7.9, Gaming graphics = 7.9, Primary Hard Disk Vertex 3 128GB = 7.9, Overall base score = 7.6. CA Tech. rating top 1 or 3%. Am not sure I can improve much on these numbers. Graphics, photos, drawings & hobby data are now a treat to work on.

Finally heard from Gigabyte. Receive an RMA from them (Taiwan) or the reseller/distributor. Received a RMA from distributor and mobo is being sent back for full refund tomorrow.

This has been an experience to learn from. Hopefully this will end my negative experiences with Gigabyte.

THANK YOU to all who contributed.

I need to start a new thread on NAS's.

Regards,

Roy Lever