How do I send my files to my HDD instead of my SSD

Cjblanky

Honorable
Sep 30, 2012
Hi, I recently built a computer with an SSD with the os and main files and back up files, and a mechanical hard drive for all other downloads (games and movies and such). Well since I've gotten all the drivers installed and started using this computer I've noticed that everything I download goes straight to my SSD and I'm not sure if its just due to laziness or if I'm just lost, but I cant figure out how to directly send everything to my mechanical hard drive instead. Can anyone help me out with this problem? Any insight would be greatly appriciated.

RealBeast

Titan
Change your destination drive for downloads. For example, if you are downloading using Firefox, open the Firefox configuration and create a download folder on the HDD.

For program installs the OS will have stuff set to install to the SSD by default, but you can change that with each install or even for everything (or at least most everything) if you *really* want to with a change in a registry key, actually two. Run regedit in the start button run box and find this key group: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion Then open the ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir (x86) keys and change them to a different location.