Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Compare asus intel and gigabyte motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2011 6:41:59 AM

Hello,
i want to know which motherboard will be suitable for a home purpose!!! i want to know from 2 perspectives
1. from gaming point of view
2. from non-gaming point of view!!!

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b 4 Gaming
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
May 11, 2011 10:28:20 AM

Gigabyte all the way. I'm a non gamer, and would buy one just for the dual bios feature on some of it's boards. One bad flash will make you a convert.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 156 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
May 11, 2011 12:09:46 PM

Intel motherboard tend to known for "no frills" stability. Many have limited overclocking capabilities.

Asus boards seem to be more popular than Gigabyte, but like o1die, I prefer Gigabyte.

So from a gaming point of view - either Asus or Gigabyte. Non-gaming? Any of them.
Related resources
May 21, 2011 5:37:28 AM

Best answer selected by himanshupremiy.
May 21, 2011 5:41:32 AM

jsc said:
Intel motherboard tend to known for "no frills" stability. Many have limited overclocking capabilities.

Asus boards seem to be more popular than Gigabyte, but like o1die, I prefer Gigabyte.

So from a gaming point of view - either Asus or Gigabyte. Non-gaming? Any of them.

thnx for the reply mate!!! ur ans and the other one both are best frm my point of view!!! thnx a ton!!!!
wud u give some info on processors??? i mean for non-gaming use dual core will be fine or core2 duo is recommended???? and in core 2 duo will the 2.66Ghz be fine!!! coz i save 1K if i go for 2.66Ghz core2duo!!! the thing is i m a hardware engg so i have to quote the best processor which fits in the budget!!!! ur views on dual core 2.66Ghz and dual core 3.0Ghz!!! thnx in advance!!!
May 21, 2011 5:42:49 AM

wud u give some info on processors??? i mean for non-gaming use dual core will be fine or core2 duo is recommended???? and in core 2 duo will the 2.66Ghz be fine!!! coz i save 1K if i go for 2.66Ghz core2duo!!! the thing is i m a hardware engg so i have to quote the best processor which fits in the budget!!!! ur views on dual core 2.66Ghz and dual core 3.0Ghz!!! thnx in advance!!!
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b 4 Gaming
a c 435 V Motherboard
a b å Intel
May 21, 2011 11:51:09 AM

I used an i3 530 for awhile; more than adequate for a non gamer. Look for one used for under $100, or the 6950 (no hyperthreading) for $50. Or the i5 750 used for around $150. I mention these as Sandy Bridge is so new and the prices are higher. I'm only guessing as you didn't mention a budget. If you are serious, please include it.
!