Sign in with
Your question

How do i gain knowledge abt motherboards and processors?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2011 6:59:42 AM

i intend to improve upon my basics regarding motherboards, processors and RAM, can any1 suggest some useful links!!! thnx in anticipation!!!!
a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2011 3:22:34 PM

Wikipedia is probably the best place to start. You'll be able to click into details about any specific component you feel like reading about.

Arguably the motherboard is the center of any PC system so I'd start here
May 13, 2011 2:51:21 AM

thnx dude for ur fast reply!!!! see i also want to gain knowledge abt the products available in the market!! i mean the different models of motherboard and processors availaible!!!! i mean the model good for office, which model is good for home purpose!!! wat to choose intel gigabyte or asus motherboard!!!! to go for core2 duo or i3,i5,i7!!!! thnx in anticipation!!!!
Related resources
May 13, 2011 2:59:12 AM

1. Read review sites.
2. Read manuals for motherboards (all online).
3. Read.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 89 V Motherboard
May 13, 2011 3:50:48 AM

Quote:
i mean the different models of motherboard and processors availaible!!!! i mean the model good for office, which model is good for home purpose!!!

Then all you want to know is best X for Y task. In that case you don't want to learn, you just want to know. I'd just read the best X for the $ articles on this site. That or come into the forum and just say I've got ? money and need to do this, what board should I get.
May 13, 2011 4:07:39 AM

4745454b said:
Quote:
i mean the different models of motherboard and processors availaible!!!! i mean the model good for office, which model is good for home purpose!!!

Then all you want to know is best X for Y task. In that case you don't want to learn, you just want to know. I'd just read the best X for the $ articles on this site. That or come into the forum and just say I've got ? money and need to do this, what board should I get.

thnx mate!!!! see my question is which motherboard will be best for home use and which 1 will be good for gaming!!!! and accordingly which processor!!! shud i go for intel gigabyte or asus??? every1 is giving me different opinions abt motherboard!!! ppl say intel is reliable but y in the market is gigabyte popular?????? wats the speaciality abt asus!!!!!!! wat application is i3 i5 i7 suitable????? and i also want to know abt xeon processors!!! wats their use???? sorry to bother u thnx in anticipation!!!!
May 19, 2011 7:02:07 AM

go for ASUS! they are the maker of the world's best selling and most award winning motherboards.
a b V Motherboard
May 19, 2011 8:16:42 AM

I've had both ASUS and Gigabyte boards and I've preferred Gigabyte. In the past their boards have looked a bit Fisher Price thanks to their colour scheme but the boards always worked well. These days they have better schemes!

Whilst Intel processors are more expensive they have controlled the high performance crown for a while. If you can afford it a fancy new i7 will not hold back your gaming. That being said it depends on what you want to play and your budget!

It's my understanding the Xeon processors are more targeted for servers and typically have more cache and better multi threading capabilities. If you are more interested in gaming you are probably better just sticking to the desktop line of processors and putting extra money you'd save into a better graphics card.
!