Sign in with
Your question

What to do about P8P67 Deluxe?

Last response: in Motherboards
May 11, 2011 1:10:39 PM

Well, I've spent a month trying to iron out the bugs in my P8P67 Deluxe B3, and Saturday is the last day I can return the board to MicroCenter. I still have the occasional freeze, it periodically fails to wake/connect to the monitor when booting or waking just the monitor, and, despite the best efforts of an Asus rep on the [H] forums, it still can't wake from sleep.

So, I can hold onto the board and hope fixes are uncovered, exchange it for a GA-P67A-UD4, or take a chance on Z68 and exchange it for the GA-Z68X-UD4. The Gigabyte P67 boards aren't perfect either, but folks seem to be having a little more luck with them. I don't have any need for the Z68 advantages, other than the hope that it might have fewer problems. Overclocking would be nice but isn't essential - I really just want a board that is stable and functions properly. Any suggestions?

More about : p8p67 deluxe

a b V Motherboard
May 11, 2011 7:20:26 PM

If you need the highest stability then go for an Intel original board.. But you will be missing out on loads of features.. Asus boards are generally very good.. So if it isn't any running software creating the issues, I guess you just got unlucky with a rare faulty board from Asus.. I would still recommend an Asus board though.. You can get the P8P67 Pro.. None of my friends have reported any problems with that till date..
m
l
May 11, 2011 8:30:26 PM

Not to be disagreeable, but on the various boards I visit there's an incredible amount of complaints about the P8P67 boards. I originally had a P8P68 Pro B2, which also had some problems, some of which I fixed, but it also had the problem with waking from sleep. Could just be the board doesn't like my memory or something else in my system, but it seems I'm better off avoiding Asus this time.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2011 5:20:39 AM

No point arguing on this.. I believe it is some inherent chipset issue or else so many problems won't rise for so many people.. Anyway, Gigabyte is a quality manufacturer.. No harm in getting one of their boards..

I had a similar sleep/wake up issue on my Gigabyte EP45-UD3R.. Strangely, it all went away when I changed my case and PSU.. I manually overclocked the processor, turned all monitoring stuff (like ESS) off and left the memory on Auto.. Now its all running awesomely stable from past 8 months with my CPU overclocked to 3.4 GHz (E6750) and memory at 1020 MHz 5-5-5-18 (original is 800 MHz at 4-4-4-12)..
m
l
a c 107 V Motherboard
May 12, 2011 5:36:15 AM

If I was to buy a new board today, it would likely be one of the new Z68 boards from Gigabyte. I like that the upper-tier models don't have integrated graphics.
m
l
May 12, 2011 9:08:41 AM

Emperus, I think you're right that there are some inherent chipset problems with the P67, which is one reason I might take a chance on Z68. I only wish I had more time for the dust to settle before I had to make a decision, since rushing into P67 sight unseen obviously wasn't the best idea!
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 12, 2011 11:13:59 AM

src1425 said:
Emperus, I think you're right that there are some inherent chipset problems with the P67, which is one reason I might take a chance on Z68. I only wish I had more time for the dust to settle before I had to make a decision, since rushing into P67 sight unseen obviously wasn't the best idea!

If it is some consolation, you are not alone in this buddy.. Lots of folks are reporting such problems with their P67 boards.. The board manufacturers are different in the complaints though which further suggests a problem with the Intel chipset.. I back your decision to try out a Z68 board.. Even Leaps suggests the same..
m
l
May 13, 2011 11:53:31 AM

Well, I had several issues with my original P8P67 B2 board but these disappeared when I replaced with the B3 version.

I assume you have the latest bios.

My issue is still not being able to install AI suite; does ANYBODY have a solution to repeated failed installs?

If this requires registry edit, anybody able to detail what needs to be removed?
m
l
May 14, 2011 9:31:28 AM

Emperus said:
If it is some consolation, you are not alone in this buddy.. Lots of folks are reporting such problems with their P67 boards.. The board manufacturers are different in the complaints though which further suggests a problem with the Intel chipset.. I back your decision to try out a Z68 board.. Even Leaps suggests the same..

I'm in the market for a SB cpu build. Had been waiting for the Z68 just for the reason I bolded above. I have been saying this all along. Some folks have even said I'm crazy but just look at the verified feedbacks. O just really wish they would get moving on the Z68 boards. My feeling is they are ready but they are waiting till the P67 stock goes down as they don't want to discount them to much. I also kind of feel that with the SB recall the mojo manf. just changed the chips in the board as I can't see them tossing all those boards. I'm wondering if the BullDozer is going to be all cracked up to how they have been hyping it. AMD must be licking there chops right now if the BD cpu and mobos are running properly, Just wish it was abit sooner as I need/want a new PC now
m
l
May 14, 2011 5:15:31 PM

Well, just as an update for anyone in the same boat, I exchanged the P8P67 Deluxe for a P8Z68-V Pro (kudos to MicroCenter - they even honored my combo discount on the board from my original purchase in January - no hassles at all). So far, everything has gone smoothly. Only hiccup was getting ready to boot for the first time and realizing there's no PS/2 connector - so back I went to MicroCenter to finally replace my ancient keyboard! So, at least for me, switching from P67 to Z68 has been worth it.
m
l
May 17, 2011 12:12:46 AM

src1425 said:
Well, just as an update for anyone in the same boat, I exchanged the P8P67 Deluxe for a P8Z68-V Pro (kudos to MicroCenter - they even honored my combo discount on the board from my original purchase in January - no hassles at all). So far, everything has gone smoothly. Only hiccup was getting ready to boot for the first time and realizing there's no PS/2 connector - so back I went to MicroCenter to finally replace my ancient keyboard! So, at least for me, switching from P67 to Z68 has been worth it.

I didn't even see the z68 listed on Micro Centers site. I will have to look again. Now you have me checking my Keyboard connection :p  Cool USB good for now anyway. I'm going to try an get to MC tomorrow, what I don't get there I will order.
m
l
!