New PC, weird as hell sound problem

Lazyone1

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
Hey, today i got my new rig, assembled it and everything seems to be running just fine, well... appart from the sound. Basically whenever windows boots up, right at the greetings screen, static background noise with various ambient noises starts, and it differenciates on what i'm doing with the PC, even me moving my mouse or scrolling the wheel projects a weird ambient noise in my headphones. It almost sounds like a radio without a signal, with some shitty beeping which is incredibly annoying. Whenever i play music or any other sound for that matter it plays okay, just like on my old rig, but even while playing music you can hear the annoying static, ambient sounds in the background and it's incredibly irritating. Googled around for hours with no avail, really no idea what the hell can i do about this :(

My soundcard is that which comes integrated with the Asus P8P67 motherboard, and the ambient sounds are happening with pretty much ANY audio equipment that i have (headphones, technics media center etc), it's even worse when using my Roccat Kave headhphones though.

Any ideas?

Shielding. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the onboard sound (unlikely but could happen) poor shielding is to blame for the bleeding through of other sounds. This could be from your chassis, poor wiring could lead to all this noise coming through. You say however that it doesn't matter if you're using headphones or speakers, there is static no matter what playback device you're using.

Are you using front ports on your PC for your headphones? Or is everything coming from the sound on the motherboard in back of the case? What kind of case do you have?

If you have things plugged into the back, make sure the speaker wires and headphone wires are separated from the other cables. Speaker wire can pick up signals from the other cables if they are not shielded well. Also double and triple check to see if you have all the right ports in use.

Also I would check in the Properties of your sound under playback devices. If you have a microphone attached, change the volume setting to about 1/3. Any higher and the mic could pick up all kinds of ambient noise.

If you determine that nothing will fix the issue then I would RMA the board ASAP.

Lazyone1

Distinguished
May 11, 2011
The case is Aerocool VS-4. And i forgot to mention, i've had somewhat simmilar issue with my old PC, but the static was barely hearable untill i bought my 5.1 headphones, it was annoying for a while, not much ambient noise though, and deffinetly not as bad as it is now, and with time it just went away. I was also trying to do everything i could think of about it, googling for ages, trying to find any info, and in the end i just thought it's my new headphones to blame... Untill the ambient static just vanished unnoticed.

Now i assembled a new rig, got everything up and running and same thing happened, just ALOT ALOT worse, and now it's hearable on all equipment, tried it out on 3 diffrent headphones, low quality ones too and no matter if i plug it into the front or into the back of the case. :(