Computer instability - Sandy Bridge

nacional82

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello.

This is the computer I bought last weekend but I am suffering of instability.
Asus P8P67 PRO B3 Revision
Kingston Technology HyperX 8 GB Kit KHX1600C9D3P1K2/8GX (Genesis)
PowerColor AX6950 1GBD5-2DH Radeon HD 6950 1GB
Using 2 HDD Sata II and HDD Sata III Western digital caviar black.
Power supply Thermaltake 600W Toughpower.

The problems begun with the installation of windows which I thought it was a corrupted copy, but after I get a different copy of windows and took out a stick of 4GB the computer managed to install windows. After I configured everything I begun to move data from one hard drive to another, the speed of the transfer was extremely slow and then, after 30 minutes the computer suddenly restarted.

I thought there was an update going on, but when I begun to copy again some data from HD to HD, then after 5 minutes or less the computer restarted. I am not sure which is the problem of my computer, the parts I am suspecting are the responsible are the Power supply, the memory and finally the motherboard, although my main suspect is the memory, I initially wanted to get Kingston HyperX T1 KHX1600C9D3T1K2/8GX which includes XMP while the one I got don`t.

So which is the true problem and what should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
The PSU is the least likely suspect. But you can google and install HWMonitor and look for voltage fluctuations to confirm this.
If the memory works one stick at a time in the slot closest to the CPU, then the MB is likely bad. Slow data transfer speeds make this more likely, and Asus' mounting P67 problem reports increase the chances.

nacional82

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I will try a couple of experiments and post the result, thank you for the response.

Experiment: Install a copy of Windows 7 64 bit in another drive, put both sticks in the computer with predetermined configuration see if there is reboot or lockdown in the system and then try both memories at 1.5 V if there was a failure before.

nacional82

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello, after I did the experiment, the computer worked fine after I added the second stick, but only at 1.5 V, if I increased to 1.55 V the system would have some instability and would block from time to time after doing something such installing software or copying information from HDD to HDD, then I decreased to 1.5 V and the system stabilized., so what do you think is the problem.

Mainboard problem? Memory Problem? or the problem is the incompatibility with this memory and motherboard?

What should I do?

Thank you in advance.