Speed of FPM RAM ?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hello. I was talking obsolete IT knowledge with my apprentice just now, and we got around to FPM memory (you know - the "long" 72pin ones you used in your 486) - what was the transfer speed of those modules ?
Does anyone know?

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
LOL, I had a IBM PS2 back in 1990, but I'll be darned if I remember the speed.
I looked this up on ehow:
72-pin SIMM RAM:
"Extended Memory Output (EDO) and Fast Page Output (FPO) are two types of 72-pin SIMM RAM. Both EDO and FPO are can assess data up to 70-nanoseconds of speed."

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
"The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."

but ... the constitution only applies to people on that island, not the rest of the world's population. So he'd probably have some other law that enables him to go kill his enemies when he sees fit - as long as they aren't in the us

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
True. I had not thought of how my old quote from King obama applied to the recent (almost-certainly-illegal-but-necessary) OBL raid. It was meant as an exposé of his ubiquitous hypocrisy - the latest being the bombing of Libya where the Arab League suckered him in, and he had to fabricate justification in an endless, and laughable series of denials and reversals. While the people of Egypt, Syria, Iran, etc., suffer more greatly - but the American king has not a clue....

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I doubt he's clueless. Unlike his predecessor he can think on his own, and like his predecessor he has people to tell him what he's missed. Knowledge doesn't nessecarily make him any more interested in the fate of people he doesn't need or serve.

Noworldorder

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
What makes you believe he can think on his own? There is no evidence of that.
Most of us do not deny that GWB was a poor president, but it is much more complex.
But most of us not spoonfed by the Soros influenced State-controlled media are acutely aware of King obama's disastrous administration. If you choose to believe otherwise, I respect that, however, you are believing what you are told to believe and not doing your own research.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
One could argue that your point of view is likewise just believing what you've heard.
Reseach includes hearing anyway.

Anyhow - in the end, obama's the first respectable us president in my life time. At least that I've heard of.