Hd 5770 I have to assign audio everytime I start computer

unholyman

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Hello. Newbie alert! I apologise in advance for any technical clangers or miss information I'm about to state. My question is.....I have recently installed a HD 5770 Sapphire Vapour Cool. It installed without problem and gave me video and audio over HDMI which is why I brought the card( I've got a HTPC? connected to my television). My problems occur when I now try to get sound.I constantly have to keep going into device manager and manage sound devices and assign audio via the ATI HDMI Device. What can I do to make this a permanent assignment and not keep going through this process every time I turn my system on? Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance

leon2006

Distinguished
Go to CCC Desktop and Display option. With the mouse right-click to select configure. The Display name should list the Name/Model of your HDTV.

Its possible that the GPU don't identify your television/display. My 4890 before similar issues until i get the right driver to identify my HDTV.

Try a new driver from ATI. Or new HDTV/LCD-LED display have driver disc.

unholyman

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Thanks for your advice gentlemen. It's nice to see that there is help out there. I've tried the suggestions you made and it's still playing up. Do I need to assign HDMI audio to the ATI card through bios? If I should of done this as a matter of course then I'm playing the newbie card again. On the last try going through sound set up/manage audio devices it actually said that the ATI card was not plugged in. I'm sure it's something simple but I'm running out of ideas.

unholyman

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I've solved it ( hopefully ). I went into bios and disabled the onboard GPU and enabled the HD 5770 as sole card for audio. Then set all audio to pass through it in device manager and hey presto. Probably the obvious thing to do but as I said before , newbie alert . Thanks to Suat and Leon2006 for your advice.