Problem with my P4P800-x or Memory?

mandarin87

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
Hi,

i have a computer p4 2.4ghz lvl2 cache 1mb 533, motherboard p4p800-x, and for ram i have 2x256 geil 2.5-8-4-4 and 2x512 2.5-6-3-3.

It seems that some times i get the blue screen kernel_data_inpage_error but this erorr is after my computer start responding slow for 20,30 seconds and makes diferent sound like those you head when restarting your computer(not the beeps).

i took memtest86 and check al my memories on each of the 4 slots an then check them again in dual chanel and they were perfect.no errors

but when i put all four of them in dual chanel each kit,or just randomly the test showed me a lot of errors
like 89000 .even so when i start my pc with all 4 memories the pc only start when the memories are not in dual chanel.
WHen the memories are in dual chanel the pc wont even boot.

i tried working with only one memorie stil getting randomly the blue screen,i've tried every combination posibly with the 4 memoryis,and with the 4 memories slots.

sometimes i dont get video signal. My HDD is new in waranty.tested on other computers works fine.

it's this a motherboard/memory conflict or just the motherboard is bad?

I'd venture to say it is a combination of you mixing the RAM sticks and improper BIOS settings. Generally, mixing RAM is a bad idea because of the inconsistencies between the mixture. Meaning, set A has different optimal settings than set B. The problem with doing this is that if set A operates at settings that set B cannot support/handle, then you'll run into stability problems, usually in the form of BSOD, or Blue Screen Of Death.