Buy or not? Its tomorrow!! help me please.....

john87

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Hi guys, I am going to plan to buy this system tomorrow from some guy tomorrow!
i3 530 2.93ghz
Asus P7H55-m H55
2gb kinston ddr3 1333 ram
Power colour 5770 1gb
WD 500gb HDD
Samsung 22x dvd-rw
Cooler master centurion 6 - 500 watt psu
Asus 21.5 inch VH222H 5ms HD HDMI SPK
KB and mouse
Price = $600 Aud (Australian dollar)

Currently using this system
e4300 at stock 1.8ghz
4gb ddr2 ram
320HDD
2600 pro 256mb
17 inch CRT

Before i saw this for sale, i was just planning to OC my cpu to at least 2.3ghz on stock cooler, get a 5750 for $142 and a 22inch monitor for $200. total upgrade is $342.
i was planning to buy a 5770 but the price have jump to $181 from $159!!!
FYI- Australian prices are usually 5-10% pricier then the USA prices.

Can somebody advice me what I should do as I dont know what is the best move i should make? I really appreciate any answer.

Thanks a lot, john

Solution
G
Buy it. For that price, you're getting an excellent deal, especially as you're getting a monitor, keyboard and mouse with that. You'll be playing games at decent settings compared to (I imagine) pretty rubbish ones at the moment. You wouldn't be able to get a CPU as good as that without also upgrading your motherboard. The only bad thing about that computer is that it only has 2GB of RAM but you can easily and pretty cheaply add in some more RAM to take that up to 4GB.
G

Buy it. For that price, you're getting an excellent deal, especially as you're getting a monitor, keyboard and mouse with that. You'll be playing games at decent settings compared to (I imagine) pretty rubbish ones at the moment. You wouldn't be able to get a CPU as good as that without also upgrading your motherboard. The only bad thing about that computer is that it only has 2GB of RAM but you can easily and pretty cheaply add in some more RAM to take that up to 4GB.

Solution

mortonww

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I think you should buy it. Or build something similar yourself. Your current CPU will be pretty weak even when overclocked like you planned. His build is gonna give you better performance than anything you can do with yours.

john87

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
thank you guys, i am pretty noob at computers.. never build a computer.. although i have installed ram and GPU...

I have recently followed the advancement of computers and video card from April 2010.

My last information about computer was mid 2003 when i bought p4 2.8, 4gb ram, 120gb HDD, fx5600, 17 inch crt for $2000!!!

So it is a suprised how far cpu and video cards are now moving...

i have bought plenty of games, crysys 1 and 2, call of duty 4,5,6, shadow of Chernobyl, far cry 2, world in conflict, fear 2, bioshock 2, command and conquer, fall out 3, ghost recon AWF, mass effect, and plenty more. I bought them bulk work out to be 6 or 7 dollars each. I havent played most of the games and I dont bother to play with 2600 pro as even in 1020X768 it struggles badly... so i just kept them in a box until i upgrade my PC or buy a new PC...

I have never played current games at full settings before and I envy many people that can play games with all "eye candies" on, new term for me as well.... So at the moment i 99% ganna go ahead and buy it tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have replied, I really appreciate it, john

Edit: If the parts are bought separately it would cost around $900, it cost a further $60 for assembling...
I recently upgraded my p4 to e4300 with 2600 pro, which i thought was good but it obviously was not..
Now i just want to know whether it is an ok deal? and that it can handle above games? thanks john

john87

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009

Thanks for your input, i was going to spend $340 for a 5750 and 22inch monitor to go along with my e4300.
But Everyone is saying that its old, and i think i might as well do a whole upgrade to i3. Cheers, John