How to install chipset drivers on HDD with no keyboard/mouse?

whatever999

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
Hello,

I was trying to install new chipset drivers on a used HD of an otherwise new system. I figured I should uninstall all the old drivers first. You know how the nvidia uninstall wizard asks if you would like to remove graphics drivers or nForce (chipset) drivers? Guess which I clicked. (I was distracted talking to my dad about his pending open heart surgery, but whatever, it doesn't matter. With regards to the computer, anyway.) So now the drive doesn't have any mouse or keyboard functionality. They're perfectly good in bios or on other drives. I'm really trying to avoid formatting, but I'm afraid I don't have much choice. Help?

System specs:
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard
2x 2g sticks of Corsair DDR2
Seagate 7200 500g SATA
AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.20 GHz
Radeon HD 5770
Win XP pro sp2

p.s. I've tried restarting in safemode, using the recovery console, xpressrecovery2 and so on -- nothing like this works

alan0n

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
As mosox said, if they are USB devices power the machine up and once its booted unplug both mouse any keyboard and plug them back in reversed (IE plug the mouse in the spot where they keyboard was and the keyboard where the mouse was). Windows should notice the new hardware and reinstall the human input drivers for them.

TRENDING THREADS