Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Core
  • AMD
  • Intel
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
September 27, 2010 4:39:33 AM

Im putting together a new build and have a question about AMD v Intel.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

this is a price/performance ratio im looking for. originally i was going with the intel, but for the price/performance would i be better of going with the AMD. i will be using the build for gaming, streaming, downloading, graphics design, browsing, and other things of that nature usually a few at the same time. thanks for the help.

More about : intel quad core amd core

September 27, 2010 6:59:56 AM

if you are going with pc for gaming only get amd its good for your budget and amd processors works great with ati graphics card in dragon platform but if you are going with pc for gaming/video editing ,rendering/...ETC go with intel the i5 750 have 8 MB of cache but amd has 6 only and with the turbo boost technology will make your programs run faster for your needs
good luck
Related resources
a c 81 à CPUs
September 27, 2010 8:58:30 AM

You work scenario gears you towards an AMD X6.. However, it also depends on which software you use for your graphical design works and what is your level of expertise with those softwares and your designs.. Both are excellent processors wherein the Intel solution is somewhat better for a gaming heavy setup.. Also, the Intel platform gives you the flexibility of choosing between SLI and crossfire which is missing on the AMD platform.. Take your pick..
September 27, 2010 2:31:23 PM

thanks for the help, makes my life a lot easier having tech sauvy people to help out with these questions.
a b à CPUs
September 27, 2010 3:00:52 PM

johnnyq8 said:
if you are going with pc for gaming only get amd its good for your budget and amd processors works great with ati graphics card in dragon platform but if you are going with pc for gaming/video editing ,rendering/...ETC go with intel the i5 750 have 8 MB of cache but amd has 6 only and with the turbo boost technology will make your programs run faster for your needs
good luck

You have no idea what you are talking about.

@ OP

Here are some benchmarks. For gaming Intel wins every benchmark.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/109?vs=147
September 28, 2010 5:03:10 PM

BadTrip said:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

@ OP

Here are some benchmarks. For gaming Intel wins every benchmark.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/109?vs=147

its looks like you dont uderstand i meant if the only reason for the new pc is gaming amd will work good and save some money but i didnt mention that amd is better and ofcourse intel is better but i was clearing my point that intel has too powerful cpu's will help the guy for better gaming and mulitasking so please before you reply at any comment read it well because the best answer will not come if you claims that your answer is better and make the other answers looks like nothing useful
a b à CPUs
September 28, 2010 5:24:11 PM

johnnyq8 said:
its looks like you dont uderstand i meant if the only reason for the new pc is gaming amd will work good and save some money but i didnt mention that amd is better and ofcourse intel is better but i was clearing my point that intel has too powerful cpu's will help the guy for better gaming and mulitasking so please before you reply at any comment read it well because the best answer will not come if you claims that your answer is better and make the other answers looks like nothing useful

I dont have to make your post appear useless. You are doing a great job yourself.
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2010 3:10:41 PM

Comparing the i5 750/760 and the Phenom II X6 1055T, they provide the same bang for the buck.Both systems will cost about the same.But for gaming i5 is the way to go, especially if you plan to use SLI.
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 19, 2011 5:37:59 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!