Phase leds on, but does not boot up

ewlung

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
Dear all,

Hope you can help me here.

I have a desktop using Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 processor.

It was running fine for several months.

Last week, I went on holiday and I turned off everything, including the power source.

When I came back, I tried to turn it on again, but it does not.

The Phase LEDs are turned on all four (green, green, orange, red) and then died again.

No POST, no boot, nothing. Just that phase leds lighted up.

What I have been tried so far:

- Remove one RAM module
- Swap RAM module
- Remove graphics card
- Reseated graphics card
- Clear CMOS
- Remove USB mouse and keyboard
- Remove sound speaker

- Changed the PSU
- Remove the CPU heat sink and reseated the CPU

Still, the problem persist.

Any more idea?

How about removing the BIOS battery?

How can I make sure the motherboard is broken?

:(

Thanks.

ewlung

Distinguished
May 13, 2011
Thanks!

That solved the problem.

I disconnected everything and run with only CPU and 1 RAM.

Now all back and still running.

One thing though, now I changed the RAM slot location.

Still don't know what is the root cause :(

tomasrocha

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
I have exactly the same motherboard, the problem is the same, and when i did what saint19 told to do nothing changed... Is there a problem with my motherboard or with the RAM?(Its not the GPU, i tested with another and it still does not boot up)
Help me please!

Alberto P

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012

I have the same motherborad and problem since a weeks ago too. Sometimes after shutdown, HDD led on case, all Phase Leds and CPU fan and Sys fan remains turned on and i can't boot up. I unplug the PC and after a couple of hours i plug it again. Then usually led's and fans are turned off and i can boot up fine. By testing, sometimes leds anf fans turn on changing the PC position so, i guess can be any shortcut with expansion cards or motherboard's screws. I doing test just at this moment. I'll inform you if i can find and iolate the cause

haawa

Honorable
Dec 11, 2012
I have the same problem with exactly the same motherboard. I suddenly found my computer with the logo screen on the display. It only lightens up phase leds and stops on logo screen. I tried cpu off/on and dismounting Everything else. What do I need to buy, what's gone broken? Motherboard itself?