rockdude16

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
Hello, I have a Aspire X1700 with a Operating System: Windows 2.6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2)
CPU Type: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
CPU Speed (GHz): 2.423
System Memory (GB): 3.998
Video Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce G100
Video Card Driver: nvd3dum.dll
Desktop Resolution: 1280x960
Hard Disk Size (GB): 291.588
Hard Disk Free Space (GB): 291.491 220W Power Supply

Are there any slots in this computer to add a better grahpics card and if so what graphics card will fit

rockdude16

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
somone please help this computer only has one PCIe slot x16 and the GeForce G100 is already in it, this graphics card is a OEM, is it possible to take this graphics card out and put a new low profile graphics card in it? there is also a PCIe x slot idk what that is

The_Breeze

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Yes, you can and should take the original card out and replace it. However the assortment of cards is very limited. Your existing card has a spdif connector that allows audio to be picked up via the hdmi connection I believe. Finding a quality card with that connector is proving to be quite a challenge read more about spdif and hdmi here http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/600 Good Luck in finding a quality card at a reasonable price, If you do let me know CompuWorks@consolidated.net

CraigHumphrey

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011

I bought one of these PCs last year (firesale...) and swapped out the Nvidia G100 for an (MSI) ATI Radeon HD 5670. MSI have one of these in a low-profile formfactor. The only catch... I had to mod the case so that fans would fit (the PCIe X16 slot is right up against the side of the case, so I had to cut a hole and mount the fan unit on the outside!) I'm now running Win7 x86 and it runs like a dream compared to the G100.

akmo32

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
The x1700 ACER BIOS MOD ( BIOS MOD)

This might be the best posting for the x1700,

(I have found a compatible bios that unlockes the Bsel and other supporting features that were disabled by ACER.) Many things that could not be changed. ALLOT OF OPTIONS

" MCP73T-AD V1.0" < Motherboard Model NOTE V 1.0

Here is the link it is:

http://wwe.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?CategoryID=1&DetailID=853&DetailName=Feature&MenuID=1&LanID=9

(EASY STEPS)
Go to the bios download page get the newest V 1.0 (install in windows using Exe, Load the rom and flash.

On reboot I recieved a message no Pci detected VERY NORMAL my revision of the motherboard differs in the PCI slots( I have NO additional PCI slots)

CMOS CLEARED / Reset Prompted me at first boot . Allowed me to enter bios and inspect befor first boot VERY NICE

The computer did take a minute to reinstall device drivers like DVD ROMS and Video drivers I consider this to be a NORMAL OPERATION slight hang in mouse USB DRIVER WAIT for the operating system to respond with mousey

Im so excited to have this mod it is always a win or lose flashing a bios and I scoped a perfect match first time, BEGINNERS LUCK. Im the only ACER x1700 changing the Bsel on the fly.

Ive been running it 1+ hour and NO CRASHES any one who has the x1700 This is the Mod you are looking for This is it.

I might repost to another area of forum with New Unlocked functions and pics. I will continue to trouble shoot compatability.

Information on my board
1)The x1700 Problems Ive faced prior to this No sound DAC not functioning :Using USB sound
2)My PSU melted the 4pin and I resoldered a new one

Other than that its all stock ACER

akmo32

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
The Acer x1700 can be unlocked to a ECS bios, YES!!!

running a really high overclock on

DDR 800 @ 1000
FSB @ 250

boot bsel mod which is un locked in the Bios linked in previous post