Sign in with
Your question

New system, new wireless

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 21, 2010 6:23:26 PM

Hello,

I just built a new computer and would like to use it to stream Netflix, etc. I believe my existing 801.11g (?) Linksys (about 5 yrs old, model is something like W54...) would be too slow.

Since I need to buy a wireless care for the new pc, I would appreciate suggestions for that, as well as what new router to buy.

Additionally, I don't know if wireless is fast enough, but I would like to game as well, specifically COD4. However, if that is too expensive, I will stick w/whatever can do Netflix.

Thanks!

More about : system wireless

a b F Wireless
June 23, 2010 5:29:00 AM

mgkunkel said:
Hello,

I just built a new computer and would like to use it to stream Netflix, etc. I believe my existing 801.11g (?) Linksys (about 5 yrs old, model is something like W54...) would be too slow.

Since I need to buy a wireless care for the new pc, I would appreciate suggestions for that, as well as what new router to buy.

Additionally, I don't know if wireless is fast enough, but I would like to game as well, specifically COD4. However, if that is too expensive, I will stick w/whatever can do Netflix.

Thanks!

[#0005ff]The best answer to this question is that if speed is that important to your needs, go for wired. In wireless, you should be looking for Wireless N - B and G are old hat now.[/#000ff]
!