Is a Q9450 clocked @ 3.0 GHz equal as for performance to a stock Q9650

megahmad

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Hi,
I mean is a Quad Q9450 overclocked @ 3.0 GHz equal as for performance to a stock Quad Q9650 3.0 GHz (not overclocked)?

megahmad

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2010
Thanks for the quick answer :)
I dont like overclocking as i dont know how to and dont have the money to buy an aftermarket cooler, so will the Q9650 @ 3.0GHz (already bought it) be good for modern games like GTA IV (high-mid settings)?

BTW I have Sapphire ATi 5770 Vapor-X and 6GB DDR3 RAM

Thnx!

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Crysis2 will be less demanding than crysis.
With the PC version as the source code, I agree with you. I heard that the first one received many complaints from PC gamers. Hope I can play the sequel. Well, it's not really my field though. As a hard core gamer, I bet you know it better than I do. :p

BTW, since that "media centre" thread has been closed, I'll just tell you here, it's my 5th, or 6th? Well, it's somewhere between them. ;)

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
It is not me Crytex CEO told in a press conference that crysis 2 would be less demanding than crysis since it is coded mainly for consoles.

But i still believe it will require a monster rig to run and no chance of running it in a green undervolted rig.It would require a nuclear powered rig to run.
Although that incurable sarcasm and hyperbolic words of yours are annoying, I'd have admit that you're indeed correct. My green undervolted rig won't be able to play that game. Just like I said before, it not really my field anyway. I just found it thrilling to help out others and knowing they can solve their problems from this forum. It's karma, someday I'll need help and someone will help me out due to my past actions. Since the concept comes from your country, then you should know better.

Speaking of sarcasm, based on your previous posts, I have this gut feeling that you're indirectly taking the offensive towards me. It's fine though. It will spice up this forum even more. :lol: Just remember, avoid those fowl words and dirty tactics. You wouldn't want to experience that embarrassing incident all over again, now would you, skidrow 2010? :non:

Just let it go, dipankar. That lust for vengeance will only consume your brain resources. Let it go...

damasvara

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Dud that was not sarcasm it was just a joke.You are always so serious.
If you ever need help,I guarantee you that i would be the first one to help you.My country teaches me peace not violence.

If that's the case, I apologize then. :) It's just that your idea of a joke is based on personal judgment which is expressed in a sarcastic way. Presuming my level of intelligence by guessing how many best answers I've got? Underestimating the potentials of my undervolted PC? You should learn from mousemonkey about making sarcastic jokes, since his are hilarious yet very well placed.

I do goof around once in a while, just check out my posts at other threads. Being serious is never my nature. Maybe we just happen to have different preferences on this issue.

Agreed, very nicely said indeed. This is actually the nicest thing he ever said :lol:
And the "peace" thing, that is something. Guess I let my guard up too high this time, my negative assumptions got the best of me. Considering his history, I hope he's sincere. I sure don't want to go through all that trouble of mind-consuming counter tactics again. :pfff: