Need help with Phenom iix2 555be, please

Kalle_01

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010
Hello, I put togheter for the first time on my own a computer and got some problems with the cpu.

m4a88td-v evo/usb3
Nvidia Geforce8800 gt
2gb kingston ram
AMD Phenom iix2 555 BE
current os: windows xp

So the problem is that only one core is working, I changed in bios to manual and 2 cores activated and still one core... well Iam not a pro on this so is it possible to get some help. Thank you.

Kalle_01

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010

CPU-Z and also cheked from AMD OverDrive.
[CPU-Z: in the bottom corner: cores:1]

(sorry can not give a screenshot atm, because no where to upload so it would last long enuff.
only with url here. If there is an easy way to do it, then sorry for my lack of knowledge, but i dont know how)

xaira

Distinguished
your board should support advanced clock calibration, look for it and enable it, lets see if we can get you a quad core for your troubles, go into bios and look for anything to do with cpu settings, it might also be abbreviated to ACC

Kalle_01

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2010

Jeah, went to the same place where I tried to activate both cores and found this step unlock cores. There was up to "6 cores" posibility to unlock, so I changed to enabled cores 0,1,2 and 3 the bios said 4 cores unlocked! when boot. But the windows works still slow and cpu-z and amd overdrive still shows info only on one core :(

The intresting thing is that the name changed to amd phenom ii x4 555 be and now I cant see the temperature.

And the load is now at 70%-80% all the time.

Any ideas whats wrong?