Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Anomen: cleric or fighter?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 5:58:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

I haven't encountered him yet, but I'm thinking about who I want my
party to be. I'd like to have a cleric, but I was wondering if he dualed
to a cleric, or if he's a fighter now.

More about : anomen cleric fighter

Anonymous
April 13, 2004 10:00:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

> I haven't encountered him yet, but I'm thinking about who I want my
> party to be. I'd like to have a cleric, but I was wondering if he dualed
> to a cleric, or if he's a fighter now.

He's a fighter-to-cleric dual-class.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 10:00:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Kish wrote:

> He's a fighter-to-cleric dual-class.

Ah, good. Thanks!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 10:00:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

So how does this sound:

Salastus (my mage)
Imoen
Jaheira
Anomen
Minsc
Yoshimo

I figure Minsc and Anomen can be my front liners (and Minsc can do
ranged too, if need be), Anomen and Jaheira can both heal (especially
Anomen, and raise dead, etc.), Salastus and Imoen can cast spells, Imoen
and Jaheira can attacked with bows, and Yoshimo can either attack melee
or ranged, and both Imoen and Yoshimo can detect/disarm traps, pick
locks, set traps, etc.

That seems pretty balanced to me. What do you think?


Kish wrote:


> John Salerno wrote:
>
>> I haven't encountered him yet, but I'm thinking about who I want my
>> party to be. I'd like to have a cleric, but I was wondering if he
>> dualed to a cleric, or if he's a fighter now.
>
>
> He's a fighter-to-cleric dual-class.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 10:25:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

> So how does this sound:
>
> Salastus (my mage)
> Imoen
> Jaheira
> Anomen
> Minsc
> Yoshimo
>
> I figure Minsc and Anomen can be my front liners (and Minsc can do
> ranged too, if need be), Anomen and Jaheira can both heal (especially
> Anomen, and raise dead, etc.), Salastus and Imoen can cast spells, Imoen
> and Jaheira can attacked with bows, and Yoshimo can either attack melee
> or ranged, and both Imoen and Yoshimo can detect/disarm traps, pick
> locks, set traps, etc.
>
> That seems pretty balanced to me. What do you think?

That's a pretty good party, but, I'd advise choosing a seventh party
member as well--there are large portions of the game where one of those
characters won't be available to you.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 11:52:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:CJLec.22018$Ue5.10534@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com...
> John Salerno wrote:
>
> > So how does this sound:
> >
> > Salastus (my mage)
> > Imoen
> > Jaheira
> > Anomen
> > Minsc
> > Yoshimo
> >
> > I figure Minsc and Anomen can be my front liners (and Minsc can do
> > ranged too, if need be), Anomen and Jaheira can both heal
(especially
> > Anomen, and raise dead, etc.), Salastus and Imoen can cast spells,
Imoen
> > and Jaheira can attacked with bows, and Yoshimo can either attack
melee
> > or ranged, and both Imoen and Yoshimo can detect/disarm traps,
pick
> > locks, set traps, etc.
> >
> > That seems pretty balanced to me. What do you think?
>
> That's a pretty good party, but, I'd advise choosing a seventh party
> member as well--there are large portions of the game where one of
those
> characters won't be available to you.

You may also be a bit light on fighters. Find an extra fighter-type -
with your party, you'd want one that is GOOD, not EVIL - to replace
Imoen for now. I assume you've already lost Imoen (and yes, this loss
is temporary, but it's for the next three chapters of the game), since
you've met Anomen. BUT...

***SPOILER SPACE***
10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

0

You will find out details of the game's plot, which end up with the
fact that Yoshimo and Imoen can never be in the same party together -
at least, not after you have escaped the initial dungeon and lost
Imoen. In fact...

*

*

*

*

*

you LOSE Yoshimo for good, about halfway through Chapter 4, which is
also when you find Imoen again. If you haven't taken Yoshimo at all,
but have six other people including yourself, you'd end up either
having to leave Imoen behind (or ask her to make her own way back
home, only ever to see her again in Chapter 6, by which time she will
be lagging so badly in levels that she would hardly be worth picking
up), or leave somebody ELSE behind - in a place where you really
wouldn't want to leave anybody. Taking Yoshimo up until then avoids
that problem, since he disappears for good at this time. The nature of
his disappearance, I'll leave up to you to discover.

But I'll also add, that Imoen on her own is capable of covering all
the *truly vital* facets of thievery, i.e. Open Locks and Find Traps.
She can use Invisibility spells instead of the Stealth power, so the
only things she really misses are Backstab and Pick Pockets, neither
of which are that vital (Backstab would be pretty useless with her low
strength anyway, and Pick Pockets can be done quaffing several Potions
of Master Thievery.) She is stuck at 7th level as a thief forever, but
is advancing as a mage, so between her and yourself you do NOT need
any more magery - nor really any more thievery.

And no, you can't keep Yoshimo by dropping him at the end of chapter 3
and expecting him to still be there when you get back to the main town
of Athkatla in Chapter 6, because he won't. Anyway if he was, he'd be
seriously lagging in levels anyway by that time. Because you're out of
town during chapters 4 and 5, and you can only get back to the Chapter
5 areas, not the Chapter 4 areas - EVER.

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 11:52:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> You may also be a bit light on fighters. Find an extra fighter-type -
> with your party, you'd want one that is GOOD, not EVIL - to replace
> Imoen for now. I assume you've already lost Imoen (and yes, this loss
> is temporary, but it's for the next three chapters of the game), since
> you've met Anomen. BUT...

I didn't read what was below the spoiler space, but it's good to know
that I won't have Imoen for a while. I was wondering how long that would
last. Right now I have the others, plus Aerie, but I know I won't keep
her. Soon I'll find Anomen. With Minsc, Anomen, and Yoshimo, you don't
think that's enough fighters?

I was also considering Keldorn or Valygar, so maybe one of those two
could take Imoen's place for a while?
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 11:52:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
>> You may also be a bit light on fighters. Find an extra fighter-type -
>> with your party, you'd want one that is GOOD, not EVIL - to replace
>> Imoen for now. I assume you've already lost Imoen (and yes, this loss
>> is temporary, but it's for the next three chapters of the game), since
>> you've met Anomen. BUT...
>
>
> I didn't read what was below the spoiler space, but it's good to know
> that I won't have Imoen for a while. I was wondering how long that would
> last. Right now I have the others, plus Aerie, but I know I won't keep
> her. Soon I'll find Anomen. With Minsc, Anomen, and Yoshimo, you don't
> think that's enough fighters?
>
> I was also considering Keldorn or Valygar, so maybe one of those two
> could take Imoen's place for a while?

I'd recommend Mazzy. She's available after you complete one of the side
quests outside Athkatla. She's the best archer in the game, and a decent
melee fighter (for a wee halfling lass:) .

BTW, Imoen becomes an excellent mage later in the game. She's probably
the best good-aligned arcane spellcaster in the game (Aerie is close,
but she doesn't get high level spells as quickly because she's multiclass).
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 11:52:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
>> You may also be a bit light on fighters. Find an extra fighter-type -
>> with your party, you'd want one that is GOOD, not EVIL - to replace
>> Imoen for now. I assume you've already lost Imoen (and yes, this loss
>> is temporary, but it's for the next three chapters of the game), since
>> you've met Anomen. BUT...
>
>
> I didn't read what was below the spoiler space, but it's good to know
> that I won't have Imoen for a while. I was wondering how long that would
> last.

It pretty much depends on you. How long you spend in Chapter Two doing
side quests is up to you; you will come back to Athkatla later (in
Chapter Six) and can do any side quests you haven't yet done then. I
would recommend a relatively fast transition to Chapters Three and Four,
so that Imoen can share in the XP from the side quests.

> Right now I have the others, plus Aerie, but I know I won't keep
> her. Soon I'll find Anomen. With Minsc, Anomen, and Yoshimo, you don't
> think that's enough fighters?

Anomen is more cleric than fighter, and the higher level he gets the
wider the gap between him and a true warrior will stretch.

>
> I was also considering Keldorn or Valygar, so maybe one of those two
> could take Imoen's place for a while?

Good idea. Either is a good choice.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 3:01:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407b9076$0$2803$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> I didn't read what was below the spoiler space, but it's good to know
> that I won't have Imoen for a while. I was wondering how long that would
> last. Right now I have the others, plus Aerie, but I know I won't keep
> her. Soon I'll find Anomen. With Minsc, Anomen, and Yoshimo, you don't
> think that's enough fighters?
>
> I was also considering Keldorn or Valygar, so maybe one of those two
> could take Imoen's place for a while?

Yoshi is a sneak, not a fighter. I say 'sneak' affectionately because
I like sneaks, but if you plan on using him as a fighter you'll be very
disappointed with him.

I usually only have one fighter throughout SoA, so yes I think you're
fine with Minsc and Anomen.

Another fighter wouldn't hurt, but it's not necessary.

Anomen, despite being dualed to cleric, is one of the best fighters in
the game. He can put a full five proficiency stats into any weapon a
cleric can use (flail) and has a good natural strength. The priest spells
he can use to increase his fighting ability include Armor of Faith, Rightous
Magic, Champions Strength, and DUHM. If you keep Anomen, take a
look at these spells - with them he's better than most fighters.

He can summon aerial servants for extra muscle.

You'll want to find some way of raising his dexterity - and I'm sure
you will. Good luck!
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 5:19:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Kish wrote:

> Anomen is more cleric than fighter, and the higher level he gets the
> wider the gap between him and a true warrior will stretch.

Hmm, I didn't consider that. I was looking at his stats, and with a STR
of 18/52, I figured he'd be a good melee fighter regardless of his
class. Maybe that's not how I should look at it.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 6:51:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

> BTW, Imoen becomes an excellent mage later in the game. She's probably
> the best good-aligned arcane spellcaster in the game (Aerie is close,
> but she doesn't get high level spells as quickly because she's
multiclass).

Nalia is better. Only 4 thief levels, all the rest is mage. And Imoen is bit
low in level when you get her back (at least if you didn't rush there and
missed a lot of the game).
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 6:51:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Dirk Dreidoppel wrote:

>>BTW, Imoen becomes an excellent mage later in the game. She's probably
>>the best good-aligned arcane spellcaster in the game (Aerie is close,
>>but she doesn't get high level spells as quickly because she's
>
> multiclass).
>
> Nalia is better. Only 4 thief levels, all the rest is mage. And Imoen is bit
> low in level when you get her back (at least if you didn't rush there and
> missed a lot of the game).

I'm not too worried about that, because my player character is a mage
all the way, so none of the NPCs can be better than him. Here's his
stats too:

STR-8
DEX-18
CON-16
INT-18
WIS-18
CHA-15

I was hoping to get CHA up to 16 for the +4 modifier, but it's no big
deal. The rest is excellent.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 7:02:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Dirk Dreidoppel wrote:
>>BTW, Imoen becomes an excellent mage later in the game. She's probably
>>the best good-aligned arcane spellcaster in the game (Aerie is close,
>>but she doesn't get high level spells as quickly because she's
>
> multiclass).
>
> Nalia is better. Only 4 thief levels, all the rest is mage.

Imoen's thief levels take up 40,000 of her xp, not enough for a BG2
level character to notice.

> And Imoen is bit
> low in level when you get her back (at least if you didn't rush there and
> missed a lot of the game).

Miss? There is nothing you can do in Chapter Two that you can't do in
Chapter Six.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 7:56:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"kevin" <khiggins2@nyukhouston.rr.com> wrote in message
news:8MPec.20412$jR6.9701@fe2.texas.rr.com...
>
> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:407b9076$0$2803$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> > I didn't read what was below the spoiler space, but it's good to know
> > that I won't have Imoen for a while. I was wondering how long that would
> > last. Right now I have the others, plus Aerie, but I know I won't keep
> > her. Soon I'll find Anomen. With Minsc, Anomen, and Yoshimo, you don't
> > think that's enough fighters?
....
> Anomen, despite being dualed to cleric, is one of the best fighters in
> the game. He can put a full five proficiency stats into any weapon a
> cleric can use (flail) and has a good natural strength. The priest spells
> he can use to increase his fighting ability include Armor of Faith,
Rightous
> Magic, Champions Strength, and DUHM. If you keep Anomen, take a
> look at these spells - with them he's better than most fighters.

He's a good tank: he can absorb a lot of damage because of
his high hit points and good AC. But he's a lousy fighter when
it comes to dealing damage, because of his bad THAC0.
In the early chapters, you don't notice that, but in ToB, he really
has problems to hit something. And in ToB the AC doesn't
really matter anymore: you will be hit. In ToB you win a fight
by dealing more damage than the enemy. And that makes
Anomen useless as a fighter.

Sure, after three rounds of buffing he becomes reasonable
(though still only two attacks/round), but by then most fights
are already over.

>
> He can summon aerial servants for extra muscle.
>
> You'll want to find some way of raising his dexterity - and I'm sure
> you will. Good luck!
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 7:56:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Wim Dekker wrote:

> He's a good tank: he can absorb a lot of damage because of
> his high hit points and good AC. But he's a lousy fighter when
> it comes to dealing damage, because of his bad THAC0.

The main reason I wanted him was because I'm always convinced I need a
cleric. (I had the same issue in BG1, even though I decided to use
Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I don't
really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace Anomen with
Keldorn or Valygar.
April 13, 2004 7:56:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John wrote variously:

> Imoen and Jaheira can attacked with bows,

Jaheira can't use a bow, just darts or a sling.


> Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I don't
> really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace Anomen with
> Keldorn or Valygar.

Jaheira can't turn undead; Anomen can. I generally include a "real"
cleric -- either Anomen or Aerie -- for that ability.

If I keep Jaheira in a party, it's for the side-quests associated with her,
rather than because her character is an effective addition to the party.
The most useful things I get out of her are Insect Plague (or its beefed-up
brother, Creeping Doom) or Summon Fire Elemental (or at higher levels,
Summon Elemental Prince).

Bob
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 10:39:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407c1fea$0$2752$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Wim Dekker wrote:
>
> > He's a good tank: he can absorb a lot of damage because of
> > his high hit points and good AC. But he's a lousy fighter when
> > it comes to dealing damage, because of his bad THAC0.
>
> The main reason I wanted him was because I'm always convinced I need a
> cleric. (I had the same issue in BG1, even though I decided to use
> Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I don't
> really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace Anomen with
> Keldorn or Valygar.

I wouldn't replace Anomen. He does make a good tank, even in ToB ( I have
him dual wielding the Flail of the Ages and Storm Star) and his base THAC0
is the same as Korgan and Sarevok because THAC0 stops improving once it hits
0.

John Salerno wrote:

> So how does this sound:
>
> Salastus (my mage)
> Imoen
> Jaheira
> Anomen
> Minsc
> Yoshimo

Without giving too much away . . .



The main point to consider is that you will lose Imoen before you encounter
Anomen, so you still have an empty slot to fill :^) All are good choices,
but Nalia and Imoen would be pretty redundant so I would not have both. I
like to have some muscle, so two fighters plus Anomen to dual task is good
for me. You can be successful with a more magic-based party though.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 10:39:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Gwalchgwynn wrote:

> I wouldn't replace Anomen. He does make a good tank, even in ToB ( I have
> him dual wielding the Flail of the Ages and Storm Star) and his base THAC0
> is the same as Korgan and Sarevok because THAC0 stops improving once it hits
> 0.

Ok, so my original party sounds good then?

Salastus, Imoen, Anomen, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo (and probably Keldorn
until I get Imoen back).
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 11:51:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Dirk Dreidoppel" <dirk.dreidoppel@deadspam.com> wrote in message
news:c5gnno$mf3$02$1@news.t-online.com...
> > BTW, Imoen becomes an excellent mage later in the game. She's
probably
> > the best good-aligned arcane spellcaster in the game (Aerie is
close,
> > but she doesn't get high level spells as quickly because she's
> multiclass).
>
> Nalia is better. Only 4 thief levels, all the rest is mage.

The difference isn't enough to mean that Imoen has a lower absolute
maximum mage level at all. Not even by one single solitary level. Both
can reach the same maximum level as mages (i.e. 17th with vanilla BG2,
31st if you have Throne of Bhaal as well): Imoen is better because she
has the extra levels of thief as well.

This is AD&D *2nd* edition, not 3rd, where multi-classing is frankly
penalised and the xp requirement for each new level (in whichever
class) keeps on increasing indefinitely. Once you get to level 10 or
so (sometimes 9, sometimes 11), it is the SAME to go up a level
whatever your class. Only if you are advancing in two classes AT ONCE
will you increase either one more slowly - Imoen advances as a mage,
at the SAME rate as Nalia does.

> And Imoen is bit low in level when you get her back (at least if you
didn't rush there
> and missed a lot of the game).

You can do that "lot of the game" in chapter 6. Anyway there's more
than enough XP in the game to put Imoen all the way up to the BG2-SoA
XP cap (and beyond, if you have Throne of Bhaal), no matter *how* low
level she is when you regain her.

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 11:51:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> You can do that "lot of the game" in chapter 6. Anyway there's more
> than enough XP in the game to put Imoen all the way up to the BG2-SoA
> XP cap (and beyond, if you have Throne of Bhaal), no matter *how* low
> level she is when you regain her.

I'm glad you say that, because I don't want to rush through the first
few chapters, even if I can do them again in chapter 6. I figure it
isn't that hard to get her back up to the level of the rest of the group
later.
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 11:52:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:
> Gwalchgwynn wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't replace Anomen. He does make a good tank, even in ToB ( I have
>> him dual wielding the Flail of the Ages and Storm Star) and his base
>> THAC0
>> is the same as Korgan and Sarevok because THAC0 stops improving once
>> it hits
>> 0.
>
>
> Ok, so my original party sounds good then?
>
> Salastus, Imoen, Anomen, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo (and probably Keldorn
> until I get Imoen back).

Yes, that's a strong party.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:21:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407c4366$0$2748$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
> > You can do that "lot of the game" in chapter 6. Anyway there's
more
> > than enough XP in the game to put Imoen all the way up to the
BG2-SoA
> > XP cap (and beyond, if you have Throne of Bhaal), no matter *how*
low
> > level she is when you regain her.
>
> I'm glad you say that, because I don't want to rush through the
first
> few chapters, even if I can do them again in chapter 6. I figure it
> isn't that hard to get her back up to the level of the rest of the
group
> later.

Actually, the trouble with THAT is, that as Imoen levels up, the rest
of the group levels up at the same pace... so if Imoen is behind,
she'll always be behind. However, the point is that she won't be so
far behind that she's useless: at least, not if you don't do *all* of
the quests that are available in Chapters 2-3 actually in those
chapters. Generally I split them about half and half - do the most
urgent-sounding ones "now" and the rest "when I get back". There are
half a dozen major-looking quests - some in Athkatla alone, some in
other places, some split across several places.

Generally I try to collect the gold up and go on to Chapter 3 (in
which you stay in Athkatla and surrounding areas) as soon as possible,
then stay around questing until I go on to Chapter 4 when I have about
800k XP for my main character - do enough quests to get you to about
750K, then clear out the headquarters of whichever group you *didn't*
side with, then you'll be prompted with a move on to Chapter 4.

Oh, and by the way... Near the end of Chapter 4, when offered the
chance to take a portal directly pursuing your foe, or travel with
somebody who has already betrayed you once, go with the betrayer - you
will end up in a part of the game you can never reach otherwise, and
find some items that you can never find otherwise. And you'll still
end up in the same place at the real end of the chapter, in time for
chapter 5...

After that, the game's pretty linear, except that in chapter 6 you can
take time off to finally get to finish off all the stuff you couldn't
or didn't do in chapters 2 or 3. Chapter 7 will wait - at least until
you've finished all you want to finish outside of the location where
Chapter 7 is set.

If you have the Throne of Bhaal expansion: DO NOT EVEN THINK OF
ENTERING WATCHER'S KEEP BEFORE CHAPTER 6. Visit the outer grounds if
you want - buy equipment if you want (there is a merchant there, and
she sells the only Potion Case that is available before chapter 8,
which is the beginning of the expansion-set plot, so it can be a good
idea to visit the place early to buy the potion case purely for
convenience) but do not enter the castle - you will get killed. In
fact I generally do not enter the castle at all until chapter 8.

Also, if you have Throne of Bhaal: Once you have gotten past a certain
point in chapter 7 (just before starting off the FIRST "final fight"
with your main foe - you always have to fight the final boss at least
twice, as any good RPG veteran knows - you CANNOT return. Ever. To any
area except Watcher's Keep, and even that only becomes accessible
again halfway through chapter 8 in the expansion. So, don't leave
behind any item that you want to keep, you have to CARRY it with you.
(There is a Bag of Holding - not infinite, but can hold a lot of stuff
in it - available in Chapter 4, and it's in an area that everybody
visits - not the "bonus" area for joining with the person who betrayed
you earlier. There is also another one available early on in chapter 8
at the beginning of the expansion.)

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:21:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> Actually, the trouble with THAT is, that as Imoen levels up, the rest
> of the group levels up at the same pace... so if Imoen is behind,
> she'll always be behind.

Thanks for all that info! As far as the above quote, won't it be the
case that she gains faster than the others, since they will be higher
than her? So she should catch up to them? She won't need as much XP to
get to her next level as the others will, so it seems like she might
gain two or three levels in the time it takes them to gain one,
depending on how far behind she is.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:21:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> After that, the game's pretty linear, except that in chapter 6 you can
> take time off to finally get to finish off all the stuff you couldn't
> or didn't do in chapters 2 or 3. Chapter 7 will wait - at least until
> you've finished all you want to finish outside of the location where
> Chapter 7 is set.

Ok, so before going on to chapter 7, I'll be able to do everything in
the game, and with my full party?
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:25:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Kish" <Kish_K@pacbell.net> wrote in message
news:cyXec.22236$Ow1.4229@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com...
> John Salerno wrote:
> > Gwalchgwynn wrote:
> >
> >> I wouldn't replace Anomen. He does make a good tank, even in ToB
( I have
> >> him dual wielding the Flail of the Ages and Storm Star) and his
base
> >> THAC0
> >> is the same as Korgan and Sarevok because THAC0 stops improving
once
> >> it hits
> >> 0.
> >
> >
> > Ok, so my original party sounds good then?
> >
> > Salastus, Imoen, Anomen, Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo (and probably
Keldorn
> > until I get Imoen back).
>
> Yes, that's a strong party.

As I said before - When you get Imoen back, it'll be Keldorn that
you're keeping. You'll know exactly why... because you'll find out,
about halfway through Chapter 4, and shortly before you get Imoen
back. Enjoy playing until then.

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 1:42:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
>> Actually, the trouble with THAT is, that as Imoen levels up, the rest
>> of the group levels up at the same pace... so if Imoen is behind,
>> she'll always be behind.
>
>
> Thanks for all that info! As far as the above quote, won't it be the
> case that she gains faster than the others, since they will be higher
> than her?

How would that follow?

Suppose your PC has 10,000 xp, and Imoen have 5,000.

You both gain 20,000 xp.

Now your PC has 30,000, and Imoen has 25,000. The gap hasn't closed a bit.

>
> Ok, so before going on to chapter 7, I'll be able to do everything in the game, and with my full party?

Unless you want to trade a party member out for the NPC who offers to
join at the beginning of Chapter Eight. I'd suggest leaving Watcher's
Keep to Chapter Eight, in any event.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 2:58:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Gwalchgwynn" <Gwalchgwynn@donotsendspamtome.net> wrote in message
news:etWec.15880$1U2.15080@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> I wouldn't replace Anomen. He does make a good tank, even in ToB

It appears that we've been blessed with the overly ham-fisted
version of Anomen, eh? :-)
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 3:25:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407c5c42$0$2796$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
> > Actually, the trouble with THAT is, that as Imoen levels up, the
rest
> > of the group levels up at the same pace... so if Imoen is behind,
> > she'll always be behind.
>
> Thanks for all that info! As far as the above quote, won't it be the
> case that she gains faster than the others, since they will be
higher
> than her? So she should catch up to them?

No. Once you get above level 9 or 10, XP is *constant* to the next
level - not increasing from level to level. The only difference is by
class - and, in fact, mages have it worse on that score: it takes a
larger (but CONSTANT) sum of XP to increase a mage's level, for any
level higher than 10, than it takes to increase a fighter's level. So,
if you are a mage, and Imoen is behind you when you recover her, she
and you will always be EXACTLY the same distance apart in XP. It's
just that, as you get to higher and higher levels, the *difference*
will matter less and less.

It's like, if somebody is 4 years older than you, then they stay 4
years older than you for the rest of their lives. But when you're a
kid, four years is a lot - when you're thirty, four years age
difference is nothing.

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 3:25:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> No. Once you get above level 9 or 10, XP is *constant* to the next
> level - not increasing from level to level.

Ah, that's what I didn't know. I was thinking it mattered by level, so
eventually they'd even out. Well, I'm going to work toward getting her
back then. It's sort of an odd gameplay decision to take away a member
of your party, given that it can have this drawback of her missing all
the XP from the Ch. 2-3 quests.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 6:28:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno wrote:

>
>
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
>> No. Once you get above level 9 or 10, XP is *constant* to the next
>> level - not increasing from level to level.
>
>
> Ah, that's what I didn't know. I was thinking it mattered by level, so
> eventually they'd even out. Well, I'm going to work toward getting her
> back then. It's sort of an odd gameplay decision to take away a member
> of your party, given that it can have this drawback of her missing all
> the XP from the Ch. 2-3 quests.

It's not that much of a drawback if you haven't removed the experience
cap or installed ToB, as she will can reach level 17 before the end even
if you do every Chapter 2 quest before you leave.

--
"Who is Mos Eisley?"
--Anton Pollinger
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 6:28:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Graeme Dice wrote:


> It's not that much of a drawback if you haven't removed the experience
> cap or installed ToB, as she will can reach level 17 before the end even
> if you do every Chapter 2 quest before you leave.

Well, I have installed ToB, but I'm guessing it's still not *that* big
of a deal.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 2:46:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407c1fea$0$2752$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Wim Dekker wrote:
>
> > He's a good tank: he can absorb a lot of damage because of
> > his high hit points and good AC. But he's a lousy fighter when
> > it comes to dealing damage, because of his bad THAC0.
>
> The main reason I wanted him was because I'm always convinced I need a
> cleric. (I had the same issue in BG1, even though I decided to use
> Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I don't
> really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace Anomen with
> Keldorn or Valygar.

A cleric is very handy for a couple of reasons. When comparing
to a druid, a cleric can do things a druid can not. The most
important in my opinion are:
- Turning undead (high level clerics even destroy a lich)
- Raise party members (Jaheira can do that too).
- Protection from Evil 10' radius, which gives
the party a 2 bonus to saves and the enemy a 2
penalty to attack rolls. Has a long duration.
- Holy Smite: party frienly area damaging spell
(unless you have evil party members).
- Remove Paralysis, also an area spells
- Sunray, can destroy multiple undeads.

Anomen is a pretty good cleric and can get better,
depending on the outcome of his major quest. When
you find him, he is not really good, because his
WIS is not high enough to give him bonus spells.

Wim
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 2:46:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Wim Dekker" <a@b.c> wrote in message
news:407cfa21$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>
> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:407c1fea$0$2752$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> > Wim Dekker wrote:
> >
> > > He's a good tank: he can absorb a lot of damage because of
> > > his high hit points and good AC. But he's a lousy fighter when
> > > it comes to dealing damage, because of his bad THAC0.
> >
> > The main reason I wanted him was because I'm always convinced I
need a
> > cleric. (I had the same issue in BG1, even though I decided to use
> > Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I
don't
> > really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace
Anomen with
> > Keldorn or Valygar.
>
> A cleric is very handy for a couple of reasons. When comparing
> to a druid, a cleric can do things a druid can not. The most
> important in my opinion are:
> - Turning undead (high level clerics even destroy a lich)
> - Raise party members (Jaheira can do that too).
> - Protection from Evil 10' radius, which gives
> the party a 2 bonus to saves and the enemy a 2
> penalty to attack rolls. Has a long duration.
> - Holy Smite: party frienly area damaging spell
> (unless you have evil party members).
> - Remove Paralysis, also an area spells
> - Sunray, can destroy multiple undeads.
>
> Anomen is a pretty good cleric and can get better,
> depending on the outcome of his major quest. When
> you find him, he is not really good, because his
> WIS is not high enough to give him bonus spells.

Actually, the bonus spells don't matter all that much, as the only
bonus spells he would get are *low level* spells. You can always
sacrifice a Cure Light Wounds or two from first level, if you want to
keep whatever you decide is the right number of Bless, Entangle,
Remove Fear or Armor of Faith: and second level is perhaps the most
useless level of cleric spell, Draw Upon Holy Might notwithstanding
(Anomen is one of the few clerics that *that* spell is actually useful
for: since neither Aerie nor Viconia is going to be doing much in
melee combat.)

With spells of 3rd or higher levels, with turning undead, and with
fighting ability, Anomen is just as good before his knighthood (or
after he has failed his knighthood test) as afterwards.

Of course the real reason why many don't like him is that he's
perceived to be an arrogant, pompous twit...

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 2:46:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> Of course the real reason why many don't like him is that he's
> perceived to be an arrogant, pompous twit...

Well, if I could make it through BG1 with Khalid's whining, this
probably won't be much worse. :) 

Not that I'm happy about what happened to Khalid...
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 2:56:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Bob" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.com> wrote in message
news:407c3d71$0$3714$45beb828@newscene.com...
> John wrote variously:
>
> > Imoen and Jaheira can attacked with bows,
>
> Jaheira can't use a bow, just darts or a sling.
>
>
> > Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I don't
> > really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace Anomen with
> > Keldorn or Valygar.
>
> Jaheira can't turn undead; Anomen can. I generally include a "real"
> cleric -- either Anomen or Aerie -- for that ability.
>
> If I keep Jaheira in a party, it's for the side-quests associated with
her,
> rather than because her character is an effective addition to the party.
> The most useful things I get out of her are Insect Plague (or its
beefed-up
> brother, Creeping Doom) or Summon Fire Elemental (or at higher levels,
> Summon Elemental Prince).
>
Try using her as a tank. With her low AC (when using
full plate and shield) and Iron Skins she holds on very
long. Let her lead the formation and attrack all enemies
while she's casting Insect Plague or Call Lightning.
Because of the Iron Skins, the casting will not be
interrupted most of the times. Give her a good club or
scimitar and let her fight in melee.

She also combines very well with a kensai: the kensai
attacks without being attacked and Jaheira can cast
Bark Skin on the kensai on forehand for a little AC
bonus. This makes good use of the otherwise mostly
useless level 2 druid spells and releases a level 4 mage
spell (Spirit Armor).

Wim
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 3:14:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno:
> I haven't encountered him yet, but I'm thinking about who I want my
> party to be. I'd like to have a cleric, but I was wondering if he dualed
> to a cleric, or if he's a fighter now.

It might be worth noting you can make either cleric or fighter of
Anomen. Or indeed both. :-)


With warm regards,
Scobin
Anonymous
April 14, 2004 6:45:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Scobin wrote:

> John Salerno:
>
>>I haven't encountered him yet, but I'm thinking about who I want my
>>party to be. I'd like to have a cleric, but I was wondering if he dualed
>>to a cleric, or if he's a fighter now.
>
>
> It might be worth noting you can make either cleric or fighter of
> Anomen. Or indeed both. :-)

What do you mean?
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 12:07:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<407d3093$0$2790$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
> > Of course the real reason why many don't like him is that he's
> > perceived to be an arrogant, pompous twit...

Perceived?

>
> Well, if I could make it through BG1 with Khalid's whining, this
> probably won't be much worse. :) 

I don't recall Khalid ever whining in BG1, unless you consider
st-st-stutter-er-ring to be whining. In any even, Anomen is far worse
than anything you could imagine, even in the worst Harlequin romance
novel. Not that I would know anything about that :-)

>
> Not that I'm happy about what happened to Khalid...
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 1:46:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407d86d5$0$2816$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
>
>
> Scobin wrote:
>
> > John Salerno:
> >
> >>I haven't encountered him yet, but I'm thinking about who I want
my
> >>party to be. I'd like to have a cleric, but I was wondering if he
dualed
> >>to a cleric, or if he's a fighter now.
> >
> >
> > It might be worth noting you can make either cleric or fighter of
> > Anomen. Or indeed both. :-)
>
> What do you mean?

In fact his advice is true but misleading.

You can *consider* him to be a fighter who casts cleric spells. In
which case you load him up with spells that boost his own fighting
ability - things that increase his strength, hitting power, that kind
of thing - and give him Grand Mastery in a weapon as you level him up,
and get him to buff himself up BEFORE a combat. Which means that you
need to prepare in advance before any given combat - scout out areas,
know where the enemies are, and attack them when YOU are ready.
Classic spells are such as Draw Upon Holy Might, Righteous Magic,
Blade Barrier, Harm (and all the other Cause Wounds spells), Holy
Power - all of these spells are far less useful to a non-fighting
cleric such as Aerie or Viconia, as neither is ever going to hit
anything in combat or have more than one attack per round, and both
have few hit points.

Or you can *consider* him to be a cleric who can fight a bit. In which
case the spells you load him up with are the Healing-type, or the
"party buffing" type - Remove Fear, Bless, Chant, Negative Plane
Protection (which he can use on himself or an ally), Chaotic
Commands - or on combat spells such as Flame Strike and Holy Smite.
And when you don't want him casting spells, you can either throw him
into the front lines, albeit with a slightly lesser effect than if he
was boosting his own fighter ability with divine power - or you can
having shooting from the back lines with a *sling* - in this case,
specifically, the Sling of Seeking (buy it from Bernard after you have
investigated the Copper Coronet's back rooms), because that will get
the to-damage bonus from Anomen's high strength. It's wasted on a
slinger with low strength.

The beauty of this is, you can switch between either of the different
ways of using Anomen, over any given eight-hour rest as long as you
prepare before resting - to memorise the different set of spells. Work
out what you want to do with him, and select spells to complement it.

And he can turn undead. He is the very best undead-turner in the
entire game - he is the only one who can destroy high-level undead
outright while still in the main game.

(Aerie only gains cleric levels at half the rate - she is gaining mage
levels at half-speed too - so she can only destroy high-level
vampires, mummies and liches near the end of the expansion set - while
Viconia, who is evil, controls undead instead of destroying them.
Controlling them would be cool if you could take them with you and set
them on non-undead enemies: but typically undead and non-undead
enemies don't mix often, and you can't take controlled undead between
areas - and they will be waiting for you, hostile again, when you come
back, so controlling undead with an evil cleric is only of use if you
intend to have the rest of your party hack them to death without the
undead fighting back.)

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 1:46:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> having shooting from the back lines with a *sling* - in this case,
> specifically, the Sling of Seeking (buy it from Bernard after you have
> investigated the Copper Coronet's back rooms), because that will get
> the to-damage bonus from Anomen's high strength. It's wasted on a
> slinger with low strength.

Does this particular sling use STR? Because don't most only rely on DEX?

Anyway, thanks for all that advice about how to use him. It seems like a
pretty hand guy to have around. Right now I'm headed to the De'Arnise
keep so I can help Nalia with her quest, then I'm going to head back and
pick up Keldorn (and drop Nalia), then investigate the Trademeet
problem. Depending on how much gold I have after that, I'll see if I can
help Imoen yet. I'll also spend some time exploring Athkatla.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 3:12:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:407db179$0$2769$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
> > having shooting from the back lines with a *sling* - in this case,
> > specifically, the Sling of Seeking (buy it from Bernard after you
have
> > investigated the Copper Coronet's back rooms), because that will
get
> > the to-damage bonus from Anomen's high strength. It's wasted on a
> > slinger with low strength.
>
> Does this particular sling use STR? Because don't most only rely on
DEX?

Yes, this particular sling gives you a bonus to damage based on high
strength - something that is normally limited to melee weapons only.
Missile-launcher weapons (bows, slings, crossbows) normally DO NOT get
any bonuses to-damage at all, apart from the enchantment on the
missile and the enchantment on the launcher - dexterity only helps out
with the to-hit. The Sling of Seeking is the exception. With Anomen's
strength, he will get an extra +4 damage points per strike with that
sling - Jaheira would get nothing by comparison.

(Of course, if you have the sling wielded by somebody wearing a Girdle
of Hill Giant Strength, which gives you 19 strength and can be bought
from Ribald Barterman, that person would get +7 damage per strike with
the sling. But the girdle is wasted on a non-melee character, and
Anomen barely needs it - Jaheira needs it much more, when you buy it.)

Other things you may find useful:

(1) magical blunt weapons - some things are immune to slashing or
crushing damage.
(2) +2 weapons - some things are even immune to normal +1 magic
weapons.
(3) +3 weapons - there are a VERY few enemies in the game that are
even immune to a +2 weapon.
(4) weapons that provide elemental damage: these can disrupt an
enemy's spell even when they have cast Stoneskin.

There's a weapon that fulfils all four criteria, to be found (in
several pieces), in De'Arnise Keep itself... and you'll be pointed to
it by an NPC in-game, as a hint as soon as you get inside the castle.
After you have killed the final boss, do not leave the castle unless
you have found all three pieces and completed the weapon - you will
not be able to get back in.

Oh, and look out for the other magic blunt weapon and a pair of other
+3 weapons (in the same place as one of the three parts of the above
artifact), but be prepared for some TOUGH fights to get them. Don't
try to grab the loot all at once in this case...

Jonathan.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 3:12:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> Oh, and look out for the other magic blunt weapon and a pair of other
> +3 weapons (in the same place as one of the three parts of the above
> artifact), but be prepared for some TOUGH fights to get them. Don't
> try to grab the loot all at once in this case...

Thanks again, I'll keep an eye out. I'm about to go there now.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 5:14:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Wim Dekker" <a@b.c> wrote in message
news:407cfa21$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>
> "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:407c1fea$0$2752$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> > Wim Dekker wrote:
> >
> > > He's a good tank: he can absorb a lot of damage because of
> > > his high hit points and good AC. But he's a lousy fighter when
> > > it comes to dealing damage, because of his bad THAC0.
> >
> > The main reason I wanted him was because I'm always convinced I need a
> > cleric. (I had the same issue in BG1, even though I decided to use
> > Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I don't
> > really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace Anomen with
> > Keldorn or Valygar.
>
> A cleric is very handy for a couple of reasons. When comparing
> to a druid, a cleric can do things a druid can not. The most
> important in my opinion are:
> - Turning undead (high level clerics even destroy a lich)
> - Raise party members (Jaheira can do that too).
> - Protection from Evil 10' radius, which gives
> the party a 2 bonus to saves and the enemy a 2
> penalty to attack rolls. Has a long duration.
> - Holy Smite: party frienly area damaging spell
> (unless you have evil party members).
> - Remove Paralysis, also an area spells
> - Sunray, can destroy multiple undeads.

Don't forget Chaotic Commands. Provides immunity against Psonics. Don't
leave home without it--and only cleric's have it. With Chaotic Commands and
a good melee fighter, you can take out quite a number of psonic enemies.

Gary



>
> Anomen is a pretty good cleric and can get better,
> depending on the outcome of his major quest. When
> you find him, he is not really good, because his
> WIS is not high enough to give him bonus spells.
>
> Wim
>
>
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 2:11:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Gary Lee" <GaryLeeB@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:ullfc.25141$K_.653625@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>
> "Wim Dekker" <a@b.c> wrote in message
> news:407cfa21$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
> >
> > "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:407c1fea$0$2752$61fed72c@news.rcn.com...
> > > Wim Dekker wrote:
> > >
> > > > He's a good tank: he can absorb a lot of damage because of
> > > > his high hit points and good AC. But he's a lousy fighter when
> > > > it comes to dealing damage, because of his bad THAC0.
> > >
> > > The main reason I wanted him was because I'm always convinced I need a
> > > cleric. (I had the same issue in BG1, even though I decided to use
> > > Jaheira as my healer, and that was no problem.) So would you say I
don't
> > > really need a cleric, if I have Jaheira? Maybe I can replace Anomen
with
> > > Keldorn or Valygar.
> >
> > A cleric is very handy for a couple of reasons. When comparing
> > to a druid, a cleric can do things a druid can not. The most
> > important in my opinion are:
> > - Turning undead (high level clerics even destroy a lich)
> > - Raise party members (Jaheira can do that too).
> > - Protection from Evil 10' radius, which gives
> > the party a 2 bonus to saves and the enemy a 2
> > penalty to attack rolls. Has a long duration.
> > - Holy Smite: party frienly area damaging spell
> > (unless you have evil party members).
> > - Remove Paralysis, also an area spells
> > - Sunray, can destroy multiple undeads.
>
> Don't forget Chaotic Commands. Provides immunity against Psonics. Don't
> leave home without it--and only cleric's have it. With Chaotic Commands
and
> a good melee fighter, you can take out quite a number of psonic enemies.
>
Yep, an important spell, but druids have it too.

Wim
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 5:22:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> Of course the real reason why many don't like [Anomen] is that he's
> perceived to be <snip>

a sanctimonious hypocritical racist low-life sleazebag.

--
Arian

Address me by name at North-net (with no hyphen), a 3-letter company
trading in the great south land.
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 5:22:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Arian" <h7zfu9202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:c5kv81$31r0f$1@ID-92952.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
> > Of course the real reason why many don't like [Anomen] is that he's
> > perceived to be <snip>
>
> a sanctimonious hypocritical racist low-life sleazebag.
>
> --
> Arian

But some of us love him anyway. :) 

Cyn
Anonymous
April 15, 2004 7:34:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

Cynthia Crise wrote:

> "Arian" <h7zfu9202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> news:c5kv81$31r0f$1@ID-92952.news.uni-berlin.de...
>
>>Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Of course the real reason why many don't like [Anomen] is that he's
>>>perceived to be <snip>
>>
>>a sanctimonious hypocritical racist low-life sleazebag.

> But some of us love him anyway. :) 

We've had this conversation before. :-D

--
Arian

Address me by name at North-net (with no hyphen), a 3-letter company
trading in the great south land.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 6:01:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

"Arian" <h7zfu9202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
news:c5l6v6$2ujgf$2@ID-92952.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Cynthia Crise wrote:
>
> > "Arian" <h7zfu9202@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
> > news:c5kv81$31r0f$1@ID-92952.news.uni-berlin.de...
> >
> >>Jonathan Ellis wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >>>Of course the real reason why many don't like [Anomen] is that he's
> >>>perceived to be <snip>
> >>
> >>a sanctimonious hypocritical racist low-life sleazebag.
>
> > But some of us love him anyway. :) 
>
> We've had this conversation before. :-D
>
> --
> Arian
>
> Address me by name at North-net (with no hyphen), a 3-letter company
> trading in the great south land.
>
LOL, yes we have, but then, we've all had every conversation already. :) 

Cyn
!